September 2016 Camaro of the Month

Discussion in 'Car of the Month' started by Z28/Ken, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Z28 pic 1.jpg #ad
    Congrats to @Ninjasxz750 for winning September 2016 Camaro of the Month for his 2000 Camaro Z/28!

This is a very clean example of a 2000, and a nice find for @Ninjasxz750 !

I had been looking for an F body for a while now, since my wife wasn't real interested in my last toy, an 86 Porsche 928S. Then I found this one: It's Pewter Metallic, completely Original / Bone Stock; no mods whatsoever. LS1 5.7 liter engine w the Hurst shifter 6 Speed transmission. Even the exhaust is original and in great shape. It's a one owner car, apparently garage kept because there's hardly a nick on it and no rust. No accident or insurance claims on it at all; only a shipping record to the dealership, which most of the serving was done at. As for repairs, the only thing that was done of note, was that the rear diff was replaced in 2001 and the Clutch master and slave cylinders were replaced in 2010 by the Dealer.

It has all the options that was ordered, including the 12 disc CD Changer (which works!) and the T-Top sunshades, which NO ONE had with any car I looked at previously. The engine bay looks new; so clean you could almost eat off of it. I took it to my mechanic for inspection and he was stunned on how good of a condition it's in. I even purchased stuff for a tune up and the only things he did was an oil change and a fuel filter replacement. He said it was running so well he didn't need to do a tune up. The air filter as replaced by me because it was old and the paper was yellowed, not because it was dirty.

Even my wife agreed it was the best one we've seen (yes she went w me to almost every one I looked at ... for her to agree and drive it) and couldn't pass it up. And she's a Firebird previous owner/fan so for her to say that meant a lot.

The only two issues I had was that the front door speakers were shot and needed to be replaced, and the Body Control Module needed re-soldering. I took care of both and it's good to go. I just received the dealer invoice and will be getting a reproduction window sticker shortly.

Z28 pic 1.jpg #ad
    Z28 pic 5.jpg #ad
    20160824_094243.jpg #ad
    20160819_154318.jpg #ad
    Z28 pic 7.jpg #ad
    Z28 pic 12.jpg #ad
    Z28 pic 11 small.jpg #ad
    Z28 pic 10 (1).jpg #ad
    20160819_152535.jpg #ad

Attached Files:

Tags:
    Woodmansz28 likes this.
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Congrats on the COTM! That is a very clean car!

3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Also, quick FYI, we're going to try starting with this car to go month to month again. :)

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Let me know what I need to do.

5. 4thand26

I miss that color

6. Old Fart's Z28

7. Ninjasxz750

Thanks all. I just got the window sticker. I'll post it shortly.

8. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

That's fantastic. Can't wait to see it.

9. Dawson

Congratulations! All I can say is that it's in amazing shape for its year. You can tell that it's been very well taken care of. I've never seen that color around much, either. Is it a harder one to find?

10. Ninjasxz750

I've seen one firebird and this camaro in this pewter metallic. I'm sure you'll see more now that I've said that though...lol.

11. Ninjasxz750

12. 4thand26

that's cool that you still have that

13. Marino

That is one spectacular car! Great shots of the pewter color. Did you mention the mileage on this? Looks like it was barely touched in 16 years.

14. Ninjasxz750

It has 98k on it. But at the rate I'm going 99,000 isn't far away.