Resolved two site issues

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions. Questions and Official Surveys' started by Z28/Ken, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

1. Email notifications and registration confirmation emails were not being delivered, I believe since the 19th. This has been resolved. So if things have seemed a bit slow the past few days its because people weren't getting notification whenever someone replied to their posts.

2. For a very long time we've had a large number of images missing in some older threads and some user signatures. I managed to locate these in an archive that was in the original site files, and restored them. :)

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

It could just be my computer (just installed a fresh OS and I'm updating drivers) but the site seems to lag just a tad. Are we getting killed by bots again? I will update when I'm finished with this update.

And never even noticed those two issues. I do not get emails from the site, I just log in and check all new posts. And I hardly ever check old threads, but it's good to have those images back. Nothing like a huge red X to ruin your day when you are looking for an image lol.

3. 4thand26

ah, that is why I received 15 emails in the middle of the night from last night

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey Ken, I just tried replying to a thread (overheating) and when I tried to use the img code to insert an image, it tossed an error and would not let me post the reply. However, I uploaded the image from my computer after saving it and it posted.

5. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

testing image upload

[​IMG]#ad

6. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

testing image upload

It failed with img code and here is the error. Not much info here but I'm sure it's in the logs. And I uploaded this from my computer.

Untitled3.png #ad

7. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Okay, it posted the thread on that error... Interesting...

8. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Not sure on the speed issue. I'll have to do some checking, but logs show Google and Bing have been hitting the site harder since the 21st when I first started restoring the images (and there were a lot, thousands!), so I suspect it's that.

9. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Have no idea what the image attachment issue might be... :(

10. 4thand26

time to consult Jack, he always has the answers

11. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

12. 4thand26

everything seems to be running fine the last 3 days or so

13. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I've been working on some changes on the server, the CDN (content delivery network), etc. for speed tweaks. :)