Rear and sub are not working

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Koya, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Koya

Since I decided to keep the 94 z28, I thought I would replace the crackling front speakers and the torn up sub woofer in the rear. Installed the woofer new woofer, but when I switch the speaker to the rear, I do not hear anything from the woofer or feel it even moving. Any idea where to look first for troubleshooting?

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Do you have the bose system? If so, you need to either use the wiring that was there and make sure your amp in the sub is still working, or you need to bypass all of that and run your own amp, or just do away with the amps alltogether. Including the two door amps. If you do not have a bose system, then you have something wired wrong somewhere.

3. Koya

Tony,
    Thank you for the response. I do not have the Bose set up, swap out the factory radio for a new head unit and installed new speaker on the front doors. The amp I have is an add on, this is what I have. The amp and the two what I think are the rear speaker wires and the wires for sub (blue wires). The initial install of the new head unit did not power up the amp (I did not know how to hook up the power antenna blue wire). It's working now, the two front speaker anyway. I am thinking I need a new amp, I already replaced the 10" sub.

Z28 amp.jpg #ad