Radio not working (...or when I close a window, God lights a furnace)

Discussion in 'V6, I6 and I4 Performance (All Years)' started by KillTheSleeper, Jul 10, 2020.

1. KillTheSleeper

So after my little adventure with changing the starter my radio died.
    I have checked every single fuse in the car, including the little fuse on the back of the head unit.
    I have an aftermarket Pioneer MVH-S320BT, and it was working all fine and dandy up until my starter replacement (the negative battery terminal was disconnected the entire time during the replacement).

I haven't found anything else being broken in the car's electrical system (windows motors, lights etc working "fine").

Is there something I'm missing, or do I need to check the R.A.P module?

(It's a 94 3.4L V6)

2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Search back where you have been. I think I remember you up under the dash when I suggested the IGN switch. Check the plugs down there including the "piano" plug (very long plug coming from the steering column). Then, if that is all good, get a volt meter or test light and start probing wires that should be hot. A Haynes manual with schematics in the back is perfect for this and everyone should own one for the cars they own.

M1dniterider likes this.