pulling transmission need help!

Discussion in '4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro)' started by FabulousZ, Apr 3, 2006.

1. FabulousZ

Hey ladies and gents,
    I hope you guys can help I am pulling an automatic out of a 95 camaro, and I can't figure out how to pull the two aluminum tubes off of the top of the transmission 4L60E I have everything disconnected from what I can see but these two lines. They look like fuel lines going into the transmission. any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. BALLSS

2 lines???

One is just a vent line and stays on the transmission, don't pull it off.

The other one.... other than your fluid lines and electrical there is no other "tube line".

There is the dip stick tube. If you pull that it will leak fluid so drain that first. There will be a "O" ring on that tube so make sure it is not torn when you put it back in. The did stick tube is bolted to the back of the passenger side head.

3. FabulousZ

I found the drain line and have already pulled the dipstick tube out, but there is two aluminum lines that go from the top of the transmission passed the oil pan running in parallel to the nose of the car. I can't see where they go without tearing the front end off. thanks for your help!

4. Louvit Staff Alumni

transmission fluid cooler going to the radiator

5. FabulousZ

How do I disconnect these louvit? Are they just bolted on? Thanks!

6. MylittleZ

Use a open end wrench, but don't undo the bigger brass part....those stay in. Undo the smaller part, and be careful not to strip them out. Make sure you have the right size wrench. Its a 1/2" i'm pretty sure. :)

7. FabulousZ

thanks guys! I got it out and back in tonight! Thanks for all your help!