Project Legacy (1967 Camaro Restoration)

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Henry59, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Henry59

New here, So I thought I might as well throw up some pic's of my latest restoration project that I am rebuilding for my daughter. She's flipping the bill, I am just doing the wrenching, welding, modifications, body work and not to mention the electrical and all of the mechanical ...
    This is starting as a 3rd owner car that has literally been rode extremely hard and put to bed wet several times. The car was purchased from its last owner whom spent most of its time on the southern California beaches and has a butt load of rust to show for it. Plus I don't think the guy that owned this thing before ever rolled up the windows.
    I'll post some pic's as the progress continues on the 67.. anyone is more than welcome to chime in, what ever you have to say, let me hear it..

tempImageJTgOEM.png #ad

tempImagezgXRzp.png #ad

tempImagePekwTo.png #ad

tempImageVfI6rj.png #ad

tempImageIIE6UG.png #ad

tempImageUzN7TQ.png #ad

tempImagebcWEPD.png #ad

tempImage41j4h2.png #ad

tempImagelyJfGR.png #ad

Tags:
    Camaro loco likes this.
  2. mullettcar

welcome and good start best thing is you can buy pretty much every piece of sheet metal for that car.
    keep the pictures coming

3. Zspoiler

Thats in pretty bad condition .Its going to take a lot of time and money to complete .

4. Henry59

This actually my second really FULL ground up Camaro, my 1st was a 1970 Camaro (Basket Case), that got the full gambit of sheet metal as well, both quarters, both door skins, Roof skin, Both front fenders, hood, front nose pieces and a subframe. I think there is a Christmas song there somewhere??
    I have a person I use for all my sheet metal parts, He is James @ A2Zvehicleparts.com. Really nice person and will compile all of your parts together so you only pay minimal shipping. So if you have a fair amount of parts to order and you don't want to get raped on shipping, give him a call. Here are a couple of pic's of the 70. I do all my own work, so it is just a hobby/Past time for me. But now that I am on my second retirement, it is my full time job.. The 70 has a full Hotchkis suspension front and rear, 396 big block with a Richmond 6 speed and a ford 9 inch from Quick Performance.
    I have the front of the 67 almost done with the new sheet metal, just need my new left hand cowl and floor, then I start on the quarters, we shall see what surprises mother nature has hidden from me??
    Thanks for the shout out. When time allows, I want to see what everyone here is working on?

0598C5E6-7FF5-4940-B9B2-B00DD276492A_1_201_a.jpeg #ad

tempImageEzTK3Y.png #ad

tempImageE7XbPJ.png #ad

69FDB2C1-8114-4CA1-BA85-9D56D8DBE968.jpeg #ad

F041E92B-647F-47E3-8674-C1E341E5AFB1.jpeg #ad

9FE5D990-91AA-42EE-A1EB-13F3B9E59C35.jpeg #ad

5. Henry59

Yeah, when I bought it, there was a lot of hidden things, that I didn't see, until I pulled out the 2 layers of carpet and padding. Heh Heh, Ya gotta love that stuff.. I fell through the floor board when I was vacuuming the interior, that's when I new I was in for a bit more of a challenge then I was initially expecting. The good thing is this isn't my first time with making parts and piece for the early Camaro's. My first real challenge was the 70 where I had to actually make part of the upper chassis potion by the VIN tag. Also had to fab up some items for the rear portion below the rear window, since they are not produced and I really didn't want to cut out a lot of metal to replace a small portion that was rusted. I have about 30k into the 70, but that is mostly parts, hours, LOL, I couldn't tell you how many hours. But as I tell my Wife, it keeps me out of the bars.. ha ha ha
    I'll be posting more stuff as I am plugging along. I have a secondary project for my step son, (he is paying me also) to do his 1969 Firebird that he wants me are going to make into a transmission-Am tribute car. Pic's to come on that.

tempImage9AovjW.png #ad

159DCDC0-CD09-44DB-A7F7-8F8FD708ED30_1_201_a.jpeg #ad

34493370-A774-4385-A9B2-D761D8A0B34D_1_201_a.jpeg #ad

CDDC6BD8-6FA6-4136-A734-3B47CE19AF71_1_201_a.jpeg #ad

6. mullettcar

great work my friend i have a super soft spot for the 70 camaro i think its the nicest of all the camaros.

7. Camaro loco

Looking good!!"