Jerk gave me a paint scuff! Help

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 92TXZ28, Oct 10, 2005.

1. 92TXZ28

Well over the weekend I go to store and end up parked next to a yellow Cobra in my red TA. I come back to car and he is gone and I don't notice anything right away because rain and car is dirty. Next day I am washing car and A hole left a nice big fat yellow streak on my drivers side mirror. I hope he likes my red paint on the end of his door!
    Anyway, so it's caked on there pretty good. What do you recommend I use to clean it up and remove the scuff without damaging my paint anymore?

Tags:
  2. Screamin_99

Im gonna say try to use some 3M rubbing compund on it..

I really dont know what will bring the paint off? maybe just try scrubbing kinda rough on that spot?

that sucks man..

got a pic?

3. todds87ss

3m microfinishing compound is not as abrasive as rubbing compound. Either would work. Any auto paint retailer or most auto parts stores have compounds to remove swirl marks. Any of those products will work, as well
    Good luck, Sorry to hear of the run in with a ford a-hole.

4. sks52587

try using a cleaning solvent. Like M6000 or 7010, I cant remember who makes those products but it is clear coat safe and should remove the yellow paint

5. usa94z28

go to www.detailcity.com and you will have an answer. Just use the search feature. It is an awesome sight for detailing and paint troubleshooting.

6. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Megiars sratch-x will remove it, if not get some Power Cleaner form Meguiars, that stuff removes everything and it is not abbrasive.

7. 92TXZ28

Hey thanks for all the help guys. I think i'll try the Meguiars first since that is easier to get my hands on and work down the list until one of them works.
    When I try to do the cleaning i'll get some pics to post.