Photoshop Tutorials

Discussion in 'Chop Shop' started by z28-4-Chris, Dec 6, 2006.

1. z28-4-Chris

I thought this thread would be useful for people wanting to learn how to use photoshop. More advanced users should share their techniques with others in this thread. I made a video on how to lower a car.

Lowering Tutorial

Tags:
  2. sdavis2702

heyyyyyyyy thats good stuff. i never lower cars cause i never taught myself how. i never thought to use everything above the car also... good stuff man... i needed that

3. Bowtie_Z28 Staff Alumni

Stuck this thread, will be veryusefull!!

4. z28-4-Chris

i just noticed that the video is kinda small and not very easy to see...so here is a write up!

Step 1: [​IMG]#ad

Start by selecting the image you want to lower. Select the body (not the wheels) and the entire picture above the bottom portion of your picture.

Step 2: [​IMG]#ad

After you have selected the image, go t "Edit" and then to "Copy" This copies the selection.

Step 3: [​IMG]#ad

Now go again to "edit" and then to "paste". this pastes the selection as a new layer.

Step 4: [​IMG]#ad

Using the layer you just created, take the "move selection" tool (boxed in red on the toolbar) and move your image to the desired height.

Step 6: [​IMG]#ad

Sit back and enjoy your newly lowered vehicle!!

5. GradeZ28

sometimes you will need to blend the "cutoff" lines on either side of the car.. most of the time with random-textured backgrounds you wont notice the line, but when it is noticable, its simple enough to blend them together using either a gradient mask on that section, or simply with a lowered opacity eraser.

6. sdavis2702

where can i find the opacity eraser? never used it before... i needed something like that a million times

7. GradeZ28

you select the eraser, and then on the top toolbar you can change the opacity

8. sdavis2702

i feel like an idiot. you can do that with almost everything... i just never use it... thanks man

9. z28-4-Chris

anyone else gonna submit somethin? I know everyone who uses photoshop can submit at least oneee thing.

10. Bowtie_Z28 Staff Alumni

I am going to make one up possibly tomarrow while I am at work if I get some down-time :D

11. 95 Camaro Z28

i need to get photoshop bad!!

i've been trying to get it, free of charge, but it takes wayyyy to long!!!

good stuff guys!

12. brandonz28

too bad some one some where can upload it.....

:wave:

13. brandonz28

chris how did you record that?

14. z28-4-Chris

H.I.D TUTORIAL:

STEP 1: [​IMG]#ad

Start off by opening the image you want to give HID lighting to. For this i chose the new camaro concept.

STEP 2: [​IMG]#ad

Then select your paint brush and choose a light blue/teal color. It gives the most realistic effect.

STEP 3: [​IMG]#ad

Then change the "Mode" of the paint brush to "Linear Light" this will give it its textured, natural look.

STEP 4: [​IMG]#ad

Now, choose a brush size that is similar to the size of the headlight. For the camaro i chose 13px. Then slide the hardness slider to 0%. This makes for an indistinct circle.

STEP 5: [​IMG]#ad

Click once with the brush over each headlight, and you are done! Your car now has HID's!

15. z28-4-Chris

Video capturing program. try DL'ing it on download.com

16. brandonz28

interesting... maybe i can use it to teach people how to use the pen tool

17. z28-4-Chris

i would like to know.

were you able to download the capture program?

18. z28-4-Chris

the problem with using that is everywhere i tried to upload it, they always shrank it down. Maybe we can get them hosted here?

19. brandonz28

yeah i got a mediaaccurate desktop video recorded.. but im lookin for a serial ;) im not sure where we could upload em i dont wanna put this on anyone but maybe chris could? he has his website, i dont want to make him do that(so dont feel like you have to) but we might find a few options

if we made a tutorial, we should have a 'cover layer' with a title that would be layer one on top, then have that show, and when the vid starts, just delete that layer and show how to do it, then end it with Z28.com brandonz28/z28-4-chris, know what i mean?

20. z28-4-Chris

yeah we could do that. or we can edit the tutorial in a movie editing program? add music and stuff to it? get really snazzy with it lol.