Off topic jibber jaber

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions. Questions and Official Surveys' started by Wishful Drinking, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Wishful Drinking

I wish we'd see more off-topic stuff here. I hate saying it but that is a big part of why I don't spend more time here... I get bored. Seems like everyone is afraid to offend people or something!!!!

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

We actually have a section where just this is permitted. We try to stray away from Political and Religious conversation because that usually ends up offending someone and it turns into an all out war. But we do encourage off topic conversation. Feel free to post up on any subject you wish.

https://www.z28.com/forums/z-lounge.34/

3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I believe now would be a good opportunity to open up a topic to see how people feel. There's no reason I can't think of moving forward for not-allowing political threads or other controversial topics so long as they aren't R-rated, or directed personally at others. First thing Monday I'm going to get a poll setup on Survey Monkey which doesn't personally identify anyone so people are free to speak their mind on this matter.

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Why do it on another site? I say post the poll up right here on this site and get the opinions of the members of this forum. I'm all about moving forward and getting rid of the stigma that was the "old" forum. It's time to move on with the times. Wishful Drinking, you have opened a can of worms here and I thank you for that!

5. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I 2nd that. You've definitely opened up a topic for the staff, and the beginning of some much needed site self-reflection. The only reason I was thinking of putting it on Survey Monkey is they can do anonymous surveys so if anyone feels nervous about speaking their mind they can do it with no possibility of it tracing back to them.

6. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Werd, I can see where that would be beneficial.

7. 4thand26

those topics often get so ugly, but, hey, I stay away from them for that reason.

8. Freebird

I agree that this site could do with a bit more fun, but I was thinking more in terms of contests and things of that nature. I already spend so much time learning stuff here, and it would be nice to be able to take a break and do some fun things while I'm on the forum.