OEM radio with no ligths

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by No Quarter, Oct 13, 2020.

1. No Quarter

My radio (OEM) works fine, radio, tape, CDs, all buttons, display on the right. But there's no light in any of the buttons. I have another radio like it, when installed, there's light in ((most of) the buttons.

Any advice? Is there a fuse somewhere? Or?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. NastyZ

With no experience at all.... my guess would be somthing internal is off. I doubt the lights are hooked in series.... so its not like the old xmas lights, where one goes out they all go out (just an educated guess). I think you would have to go i to the unit itself and figure it out. Or another option if it is cheap enough.... plug another one in.

If you can stand it though I would just live with it untill you upgrade...or decide to try swapping a different stock unit

3. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Pull out the radio and see if you are receiving any voltage on the brown wire. If you are, then all the bulbs are burnt out possibly. If you are not, you need to find the break in the wire between the radio and the light switch. And yes, it can be the light switch...

4. No Quarter

As I wrote, I have another radio that does show ligths in the buttons, so it's not the brown wire, thank you. It's inside the radio, but have no idea where to look...

Finding another is not easy, it's Euro spec with RDS, AF and TA.

5. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, good luck with the radio.