Been Awhile- Remember me?

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Silver35thZ, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Silver35thZ

Hey, everyone! It has definitely been awhile since I've been on any F-body forum! :nervous: I really miss it and now that my life has calmed down a little bit I hope to have more time for these sites and getting back in the game of working on the camaro!

Who all still stops by that I might know? greg? his little bro?

Anyways, I hope to be going back to a "regular" visitor status again lol I hope everyone has been doing well.

Any new people to the site since I've been gone?

I gotta catch back up! Fill me in on what's been going on! lol :wavey:

Tags:
  2. pumpkinman

Welcome back that's nice to see an fbody brother back in the forum. Thats a nice car of urs post up pics

3. MasterZ Staff Alumni

Whats up man, glad to see ya back around. Have you done any mods to your car since you been away? What you think about the new Z?

4. Bowtiedad_Z28

Welcome back. There are still a few of us around.

5. Silver35thZ

HEY!!! Glad to see some familiar names still around :)

Delilah is still the same as she was before I started getting busy. I now have the funds to start getting back into the modding game :D

I heard about the new release of the 2014 z28! looks like a beast- still undecided on those taillights though. I was watching a review of it and it sounds like an amazing vehicle but doesn't seem like it would be too street friendly. Glad to hear the Z28 name coming back though, that's for sure!

I'll try and get some newer pics of Delilah up around here as soon as I can- it might be a little while though because she is in the garage under a cover and she doesn't get out very often lol :(

My sig picture is a bit outdated because I no longer have the SS Cobalt...instead I now have a brand new 2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TSS :D

Hopefully now that my life has calmed down a little bit and that I'll be saving up for some fun stuff I'll be able to get back to the drawing board on the Camaro
    -Heads/Cam
    -True duals or redo the exhaust with electric cut out and stainless LTs (with cats...stupid emissions lol)
    -New head lights
    -New tail lights
    -Manta stripe
    -Front Grille
    -Suspension
    -Powdercoat Rims and get an extra spare set of maybe some ZR1s
    -Transmission/Gears
    The list goes on forever lol

6. jkeaton

Welcome back...good to see folks coming back around again!

7. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Welcome back cotter! I'm still on from time to time.

8. Timmz28

its been a while! glad to see you back!

9. BdNflnc

Welcome back man! Glad to see you still have your car! Slowly picking back up around here. :)

10. TSAEB

YEP YEP... nice ride man.

11. Silver35thZ

I don't know where to start first on my car...Appearance or Power..tough choice. Right now she is not street legal because she needs Cats. I had been contemplating redo the whole exhaust- I have pacesetter LTs, ORY and Borla. My dream set up is stainless LTs with an X-pipe into true duals but that won't pass emissions. So, what i'm thinking now is LTs, Y with high flow cats and then into my borla and I'll put an electric cut out on the borla.

Opinions?

Or I could get a grille, powdercoat the rims black, fix the hood and spoiler for a smoother fit (last body shop didn't do the best job). Get some new headlights and Tails..

So much work to be done and they ALL should be done but I don't know which should be done first.

12. sweet-94z28

I would start with power! Power is more fun anyways... haha.

Good to see you came back around though. I totally understand how crazy that life can get at times.

13. Silver35thZ

haha yea, I was leaning towards power first but what good is the power if she's still not street legal? lol (I need new tail lights- they're cracked and don't work due to water damage, same with the front turn signals). I really would like to redo the exhaust but it's frustrating to know that I've already invested in a good exhaust setup. It's like i'm not spending money something new- I'm having to spend money to REDO what i've already done just to get the car inspected...frustrating- i'd much rather spend that 1,200 on a head and cam set up rather than exhaust... I guess I could always try and sell my exhaust once they pull it off. I wanna go with ARH 1 7/8 or Kooks..

She will be a weekend car ONLY so I'd really like to put a big cam in it- not worried about fuel economy, etc- go big or go home, right?! lol

14. sweet-94z28

IDK what headers you have, but you can pick up the TSP catted y-pipe for about $350: http://texas-speed.com/p-292-texas-speed-3-catted-y-pipe.aspx

You can get a new pair of tail lights for about $100 (if you want stock): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-2002-C...ries&hash=item2ec756dd41&vxp=mtr#ht_44wt_1123

Then you can get front markers for pretty cheap on ebay as well.

It really wouldn't take too much to get it to at least be street legal again. Is the emissions check just visual? Or do you have to do a sniffer test as well? If you have just a visual, you can do pretty much whatever you want to do.

15. Silver35thZ

thanks for those links!

unfortunately, in the county I'm living in now I have to pass the sniffer test.. :( gotta get rid of that check engine light as well so I need my o2 sensors put back on (the extensions). I need a tune. I suppose I should start looking for shops in the DFW area.

I have coated Pacesetters right now- car sounds great but I know that coating won't last forever. They're still in good shape because the car has been garaged for the past 3 years. The exhaust has only been on for about 5 years total.

I just really hate the thought of reinvesting in something I've already done... makes me just want to start on a different area of the car but the exhaust is PPPPRETTY important lol

16. sweet-94z28

I have had pacesetters on my car that are 4 or 5 years old and the coating is still pretty good (not flaking off or anything). I would not mess with replacing them if they still look OK. I make almost 400 RWHP through mine with stock heads and I have been at the dyno to watch many with pacesetters make over 450 to the wheels. An LS1 really doesn't need a fancy header to make good power. The Borla catback will be fine as well, especially if you want to drive the car. It's also nice that it is adjustable and you can make it a little louder or quieter depending on your personal preference. I really don't think there is anything wrong with your exhaust IMO.

If you have to pass the sniffer test, you need to go with a nice cam that's not too radical. I have a few grinds I have recommended to people who are required to pass a sniffer test. My favorite is the comp 224/230 .581/.589 114 LSA Grind: XER-273-HR. It sounds radical, but it's not too rough that it fails the sniffer test. We made 460 RWHP with this cam and a set of Patriot heads so it has great potential!

17. tmurph01

Still here. Good to have you back!

:cool:

18. Silver35thZ

with my ORY could I just order a set of highflow cats and have a shop install 'em or should i order a Y with the cats already on 'em. I need to get o2 extensions as well and have those put back on. Have any audio clips of that cam? you definitely have my interest and I would love to put the 1500 I have for exhaust towards a H/C package

19. sweet-94z28

Go to youtube and type in "ls1 cam idle". Matt (Z/YA) that used to be on here a lot ran that cam in his 2000 Z28 with a 6 speed. It drove like stock down low and then had TONS of top end. Then, he spun a bearing with a bad nitrous run so we put his cam with a set of patriot heads on a friend's 2002 Camaro, and he made 459 RWHP with the combo. You may type in "224/230 LS1 cam too. It's the 114 LSA version you would want to meet emissions.

20. sweet-94z28