Not satisfied with Zaino

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by LS1Power, Oct 8, 2003.

1. LS1Power

I recently bought Z5 swirl remover. And while it does give my black paint a really deep shine, it seems that every time I use it the swirls become more noticeable and frequent. Im really frustrated because this stuff isn't cheap and I got better results using Turtle Wax's Color Cure paint(the stuff you buy that is the same color as your care). I'm letting it dry, can anyone help or relate?

Tags:
  2. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

WOW! That sux, I have a black Z28 myself. I have only as of August this year started using Zaino wax on my car and results are second to none. However I have been using only Z-2, I just received my order of Z-5 swirl remover, and what you didn't mention is whether you followed up with Z-2 over the Z-5. If I'm not mistaken the Z-5 fixes the swirls, and the Z-2 seals in the shine, i'm not sure if it's reccomended to only use Z-5 without the other. I'm going to do my car this Friday with three coats of each, so I will let you know how it goes. One other thing to point out, You must use a Cannon or Feildcrest bath towel to take the wax off, if you are using an off brand towel, it could be causing the swirls. Lastly, use extremely light pressure when removing the wax, the weight of the towel is enough pressure to remove the wax. Talk to you later and good luck.

3. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

LS1Power, brother I feel your pain, I didn't see any results whatsoever with Z-5, in fact it dulled my cars finish, luckily I have Z-2, that made it shine, however the fine lines still remain. My friend has a red '99 WS-6, he got the same bum rap. I wrote Zaino and told them the prob, they said to use 3M compound to get the fine lines out, but I say why did I waste nearly $14 bucks on this crap, I could have just bought another bottle of Z-2, at least I know IT works...

4. LS1Power

Thanks man, although that really sucks I do feel relieved. I thought I was maybe just seeing things because everyone else was like "Zaino is a God send". And that's garbage about the 3M thing. If they knew that, then chances are that they know their product doesn't work all that well. How's that Z-2 work as far as swirls go? Maybe i'll give the 3M a try and follow up with Z-2. My car is in storage right now though, so I won't have any results until spring. If you're still around I'll let you know how I make out.

5. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

What do you mean if If I'm still around, has my witness relocation protection been leaked to the mob.....uh oh! Seriously, how bad are your swirls? If they are not that bad, use Z-2 and do several coats, using light pressure. This should and prbably will help hide swirls. Keep the Z-5 to use as lighter fluid or something 'cause it sucks. I do stand behind the Z-2 and gloss enhancer.

6. LS1Power

They weren't bad at all until I used Z-5. The only time you can see them is in bright sunlight(if you look at the paint from an angle). The paint is still really nice, it just looked better before I used Z-5, so that's why I'm making such a big deal out of it.

7. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

You have every right to make a big deal. Zaino promised you and me a product that would vitually eliminate those swirls and fine scratches, and it didn't deliver. See if you can send your Z-5 back and get them to send you Z-2. This stuff works very well.