New wheels

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by BlueZee28, Dec 19, 2010.

1. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

I traded off my chrome ZR1's for a set (plus one extra, so 5 all together) of chrome 17" C5 Z06's with Mickey Thompson DR's on the rear although they have about 40% tread left. Still I'm really excited, since it was a straight trade and didn't cost me a penny!

I recruited the help of my friend Landon on this one. We worked on the spoiler getting it trimmed and fitted correctly on Saturday, him doing the majority of the work of coarse because he's the man! He went to Wyoming Tech for body and paint.

Here's some progress pictures, starting with before we even touched it, showing how much had to be done to make it fit. Before we started, the center posts with the bolts wouldn't even touch the deck lid because the sides needed to be trimmed down so far.

[​IMG]#ad

I'll have to get better pictures once I finish my high rise spoiler mod and get it painted.

Tags:
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Looks great bro!!

3. greg_74

You traded probably the most common wheels for a Camaro (at least 3rd and 4th gens) for the second most common wheels haha. But there is a reason they are so popular and thats cause they look good. Getting some DR's is a plus too.

4. WartHog Staff Alumni

Liking the wheels. Can't wait to see the finished pics of the spoiler. How far away does Landon live?

5. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

About 6 hours :)

6. BdNflnc

Made it home in 5 hours and 45 minutes last night.

I think they look great! Is the front left holding air ok?

7. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

It was when I looked yesterday. I'll keep an eye on them. I was gonna spray soapy water on them and see if there was a leak , although I really don't think they do.

8. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Looking good Nickster.

9. richard96

Looking real good. I think alot of peeps will like that mod.

10. 1mean96ss

bye bye another 10 bolt !

11. BdNflnc

Haha... yup!

12. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

Actually I'm hunting down a 9" right now. I've about got enough money to buy one just from selling parts this week off the black '92 RS I'm parting out haha

13. richard96

I saw one on C-list for $450. I couldnt hardly believe it. Wish I had the money. It sold real quick.

Good luck on the find. One will turn up eventually.

14. Mr.Squeelerz

Looks good Nickypoo. Digging the highrise spoiler.

15. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

Thanks! I haven't had time to finish it...well I've had time, but it's been so cold outside I haven't had the motivation to do it. I'll have it finished soon enough though. :nervous:

16. uLs1a

I've always thought your Camaro was beautiful Nick, but I gotta be honest I would have left the ZR1 wheels on the car. I know its your car and your gonna built it the way you wanna build it.

17. Spyderking69

They looked good before and they still look good. So shiney :)

18. masonb51

Yup diggin the rims and the high rise is the one I would rock on any 3rd gen. Love the way that car is looking!!!