New NHRA ruling

Discussion in 'Street/Strip Racing' started by Red Dragon Racing Team, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Red Dragon Racing Team

what does everyone think about the new NHRA ruling t in pro stock any manufacturer car and any motor? opens up the possiblility

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I favor it. NHRA needs to keep doing more to draw people to the track, too much illegal street racing mania going on these days. Pro stock got to be too Chevy centric, and needs variety to get more people interested and it also helps stir up some healthy rivalry.

3. PeteD

I am kinda torn and here is why. Drag racing is American born and bred. Still do not like Toyota being there. Can you imagine a Honda R going against the Camaro? Who wants to see that? Maybe the ricer crowd. Bring down them big ole boys and their big cubic inch monsters!

Now if it were like the old days.....Run whatcha brung. Probably like that idea a lot better

4. NOBOTL

I really feel like pro stock has gone the way of nascar. The cars are far removed from their factory counterparts. its basically naturally aspirated promod now . I think pros tock should be stock rolling chassis , stock style suspension non tubbed,360 cubic inch limit no fiberglass or carbon fiber other than the hood.

Cameretom and MikeyZ28SS like this.
  5. MikeyZ28SS

Return Pro Stock back to its glory and we all benefit. Stock Body, Stock (Optional Engine) Cubic Inches, Make everything out of the best/lightest materials but on a Car Body that is a duplicate appearance wise to a "Stock" off the dealer/showroom body.
    And all the OEM's; GM, Ford, Toyota, Dodge, Etc... all have to build a car to race on Sunday, sell on Monday. And each of them using their own drivetrains!
    We'd get real competition between the MFG's for track/street supremacy! Non of this Ford/GM collaboration on the 10-Spd Automatic. Everything is OEM.
    And for us enthusiasts; Performance based cars, that look, drive, feel as close to race pieces as GM or other MFG can build/sell.

So, who'd like that for Pro Stock?

NOBOTL likes this.