New member Intro '69Z Barn Find/Survivor

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Da69Z28, May 27, 2024.

1. Da69Z28

Hello everyone I'm Dave, thanks for allowing me to join Z/28.com. I wanted to share a small amount information just to get started. I build, restore and paint all my own cars. I've done this for 50 years. I used to do this for others but at 66 yrs old I had to quit. I've known of a one owner '69 z/28 for almost 14 yrs. The owner invited me to his house (14 yrs ago) to look the car over and I did. We've kept in touch over the years and he contacted me and said it was time to let the car go. I drove to his house about 3 hrs from mine. The car hadn't change a bit. I brought home a 1 owner, always garaged, never hit, 84,000 mile car. The power train has never been touched (other than a new clutch). Professionally speaking I used to get paid to do vehicle inspections. So I quite familar with re-stamped parts. My new car is 100% matching numbers, original powertrain. The car is a "Rally Green" white stripe car. The owner painted the car white with black stripes in 1971 and added the '70 side mirrors (those will be gone soon) IMG_8254.JPG #ad
    . I scratched it in numerous places and found nothing but Rally Green. It will be completely disassembled and totally restored back to Rally Green. IMG_0768.jpeg #ad

Tags:
    Z28/Ken likes this.
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Very nice! This looks like it'll be a super fun project. :)

3. mullettcar

wow cant find stuff like that in canada probaly the only thing i miss about the usa is the clean dry cars
    beautiful car man good luck