new idea....

Discussion in 'Chop Shop' started by LS1Tuner_06, Apr 5, 2011.

1. LS1Tuner_06

so I have been thinking about something for some time now and I possibly have the oppurtunity to jump on it. I have always wondered what my car would look like with the SS hood on it with the Manta stripe or what ever it is called..I think it is like Matt's car...ZYa. obviously in black of course to go with the rest of the car.. The reason being is bc I know a guy willing to trade me his SS hood off of his White 01 camaro SS. So it could easily be switched..

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p14_Vr4_Tuner06_DSC_05112.jpg #ad

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p14_Vr4_Tuner06_DSC_05112.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. egott_91

Keep the current hood:thumbsup:

3. GhostZ

as much as i love tyhe SS hoods i say keep ur current hood cause its different and i have never seen it before except on your car.

also persoanlly SS hoods look best on lt1 cars IMHO

4. richard96

I wouldnt add any more black to your car. I think its perfect and your car is like a one-off car. You dont many or any at all. And isnt that the point, to make it "your own".

5. LS1Tuner_06

ok. I understand..I will probably have to wait for Ethan, but I atleast want to see what it looks like.
    what I'm really going for is Dick Harrel. I won't ever be able to trade my hood for a VFN Harrell style hood. BUT i could with an SS hood. then I could get the stripes on the VFN hood to make my car look more like a Harrell car which is what I'm going for any ways.

6. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I think it would look sick with the SS hood and you could even go with say an edge stripe that follows the outside of the bubble on the hood instead of the full manta stripe to flow with your DH stripe on the side of your car.

7. LS1Tuner_06

You mean instead of filling the inside keep it to to the stripe around both sides? Any pic of this?! Idk but you have to admit if we traded straight across it would be a hell of a deal for me bc he really likes my hood

8. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Yes I mean just around the outside of the hood and yeah would be a nice upgrade as long as the hood is in as good of shape as yours. You do have to remember that your hood is sort of unique though and you dont see a lot of cars that have your hood, where you do see a lot of SS hoods.

9. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Didnt find exactly what I was looking for but here are a few pics I did see that might give you some ideas and make it easier on Ethan.
    98_02_Camaro_SS_white_black_top_black_and_polished_Fiske_FM5_wheels_clear_corners_SLP_grille.jpg #ad
    38409680026_large.jpg #ad
    2010_Camaro_Hood_Spears3.jpg #ad

10. Bowtiedad_Z28

Cody i agree your hood is unique and looks great on your car, but i personally like your idea you are thinking of going with. Hopefully Ethan can get a chop for you soon so you can decide which you prefer.

11. egott_91

Cody, this is what Glenn was referring to. It's called the "new manta"

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. Bad Texas 99

Your car looks really nice. I would not change anything. The hood you have on it now looks really cool where did you come up with it ??

13. transamws6_97

I say trade...your car w/ the black manta stripe on the ss hood would be sick

14. LS1Tuner_06

I kinda like the "new Manta" stripe! that'd be pretty sweet to see as well if Ethan ever see's this thread. there are two ppl around my town running around with my exact hood and it drives me crazy. plus I get tired of hearing about the SS/Z28 difference and I've always loved the SS hood.

My hood is a Suncoast hood. Dubbed the "Z style hood"

thx Eric for finding that for us!!!!

15. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Its funny that the new Manta is a replica of the 78/79 Z28 hood stripe :D

[​IMG]#ad

16. Bowtiedad_Z28

Go for it Cody!!! I will support you. If you like it have at it. You can contact fourthcircle and see if he can custom make you the vinyls you are looking for. Just send him a pic of what it is.

I love the looks of those 78-79 z's.

17. voodoochildsj

That's a hard decision I like the way your car looks now but I like the idea you have too for the new manta

18. richard96

Well, we have us a real thread going.

I change my mind and the 78/79 is the reason I like the ss hood anyways. I do think think the new manta stripes will look awesome on your car. Get-r-done son.

19. jtt00z28

I say make the trade and go for the new manta style. That would def keep unique

20. egott_91

Have fun installing the stripes if you go with a decal. Lol. I've read on tech that they're even more of a PITA then the full manta.