New Black ZR1s

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires and Suspension' started by richard96, Oct 24, 2012.

1. richard96

I found a way to rid of the wagon wheels on my car and the pair of torque thrusts that have been sitiing for years. I sold all of it for $700 and picked up a set of deep dish black ZR1s with new rubber. They are all brand new, never used and just mocked up on the guys car. I sold the ground effects for $75. This gave me enough money to buy this set and pay for the gas to go get them. Right now, they are on the Z and Im waiting on some decals to come in the mail. I have it up on stands to change the oil. So, I'll post up pics when done when i can.

Needless to say, Im happy because Ive needed new tires for 5 years now. This also gives me the opportunity to get the tires I really want.

Tags:
    Not Dave and chuck henson like this.
  2. richard96

HERE THEY ARE, IVE WANTED THESE FOR 4 YEARS
    DSCF0354.jpg #ad

DSCF0355.jpg #ad

DSCF0350.jpg #ad

DSCF0353.jpg #ad

Not Dave and chuck henson like this.
  3. richard96

chuck henson likes this.
  4. 1redZ28

looks right at home on there congrats man. beautiful home in the background by the way

5. richard96

Thanks bud, hows the SS doing?

6. 1redZ28

Doing great, trying to get some parts on it before winter hits

7. jkeaton

Those look sweet! Hey, I notice your headlight area is not black, did you do that yourself or one year Chevy decided to not black that area out?

8. tmurph01

Looking good! Can never go wrong with those.

:cool:

9. richard96

I bought the car this way and decided to keep the buckets red. I like it because its a little different. I do have some black satin ppg, you never know what I might do next.

10. jkeaton

hmmm....pretty soon you might not be the only one with red around the headlights.....I like that.....:biggrin:

11. chuck henson

Those look great,I've been thinking about some on my white vert with black top.
    I definitely want the 11" in the rear as well.

12. BADASS383CIZ28

nice, I have the gunmetal zr1's on my third gen 17x9.5 front and 17x11 rears

13. kane.chuck

BADASS383, what size of tire did you use on your fronts? I bought some 17x9.5 all around and want to put BFG comp 2 onthey seem to have a tread width of 10.7 inches

mullettcar likes this.
  14. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Most run 275 on the fronts with a 9.5 wheel but you can go wider but run the risk of rubbing and having a little bit of poke.

15. kane.chuck

Thanks Fanta, I think I actually bought the wrong size of wheel. 17 x 9.5 7.5 back spacing 56mm offset, I think this will rub

16. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I have 245 on my fronts that came with the wheels and in my opinion they just look too small lol.

20171002_155926.jpg #ad

17. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

If you look at Glenn's tires from the side, they look like this :lmao:

1h2otopdawg6dc3.jpg #ad

Not Dave and FANTA-Z like this.
  18. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I like tires with curb rash guards. Basically, they are designed to have a slight rubber lip overhang on the wheel so rubber hits but not chrome (unless its banged hard).

FANTA-Z likes this.
  19. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Yeah I am a stance boy lol

20. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

hahahahaha, Okay, I will admit, Yours are not "that" bad lol.

FANTA-Z likes this.