Need your opinions....

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by SOMSS, Apr 13, 2011.

?

Should I keep the CF hood black or paint it with a SOM tinted clear coat?

1. Keep it CF black

10.0%
  2. Shoot some SOM tinted Clear on it.

80.0%
  3. Don't put that ricer hood on that beautiful SS

10.0%
  4. Call the style police.

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SOMSS

I am getting ready to chuck my SS hood in favor of a well made carbon fiber replica SS hood. Should I leave it CF black or have a SOM tinted clear coat shot over it? What's your opinion?

Tags:
  2. Paulster2

SOM all the way. CF would look too ricer for my taste. JMHO though.

3. richard96

SOM in my book.

4. jtt00z28

How about painting it but masking off some of it (manta) so the cf shows through.

5. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Yeah, the whole black/CF hood thing is very 2002, and Fast and Futilous. I say paint it SOM, and send your original hood to me :)

6. MasterZ Staff Alumni

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. egott_91

I like this idea also.

Is there any other CF on your car?

8. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

I believe he had CF overlays on his roof if I am not mistaken.

9. SOMSS

I'd be delighted to send you my old SS hood if I didn't need to rebuild my engine suddenly. This project will be on hold for a some time while I financialy recuperate.

I do have CF overlay on the T-Top bars to cure a bubble problem I was having.

10. BdNflnc

Im not sure that tinting the clear with SOM will give you the look you are wanting. Tinting clear with a metallic basecoat doesnt really work really well. Its gonna be nearly impossible to pull off without it looking blotchy. I know the look you are wanting, but thats not the best way to get it. You would get a better look by spraying orange candy over it. Or look at some of House of Kolors flakes and pearls. Im gonna look some up and give you some suggestions. :)

11. BdNflnc

12. LS1Tuner_06

^^^Your the man Buddy!

13. LS1Tuner_06

I like this idea!

14. BdNflnc

I would be interested in your hood also! :) Iv been looking for one I can paint and hang on a wall. :) I dont want to yank it out from under Rick so check with him first, but when you get ready to get rid of it, let me know what you want for it.