need p/n 24264186

Discussion in '5th Gen Camaro (2010 - 2015 Camaro)' started by rickcott, Nov 13, 2022.

1. rickcott

I think that this is not the correct place to post this - but - I am at a dead end. My 2014 Camaro SS has been on blocks at the repair shop waiting for p/n 24264186 for 3 weeks now. It ain't going anywhere without it.
    It's an internal auto transmisson part called an "output carrier internal gear". The existing unit is mangled beyond repair. Have searched GM/Chev dealers nationwide as well as a few speed shops - nothing.
    Any help would be appreciated - thank you

2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Wish we could be of help, but across the auto industry I've heard of parts shortages that there are no ways around. My wife had to wait 3 months for a torque converter replacement for a recall. :(

3. rickcott

Oh my gosh !
    I have the option of buying a “ good used” transmission or just let this vehicle sit on the repair shop lot. I’m weighing that option.
    thank you Ken for your reply and for your stewardship in keeping the Z28.Com site alive.
    Best regards
    Rick

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Did the planetary explode or something in the transmission? That part usually does not go bad

You likely already did this, but there is one on Amazon that you can purchase (authorization only until it ships) so you are in line when it comes in stock.

This company (which I have never heard of) shows to have in stock, but it does say "PLEASE NOTE: ALL PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY and some may require special ordering from the manufacturer." in which case, another dead end.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...put-carrier-internal-gear-with-shaft-24264186

Removed due to "Sketch Factor"

This site, in stock but with a 3 day delay

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...-automatic,output carrier internal gear,21979

Hope one of those has the item in stock. Nothing worse than not having a car that you may be paying on every month.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  5. rickcott

Hey Tony - first of all - thanks brother. Most of us gearheads are on our own unless a fellow
    gearhead steps up.
    I think the planetary slung itself apart - we got mangled gear teeth on this part.
    I got one on order with Amazon - they haven't cancelled the order yet.
    Tascaparts took my order and then cancelled a day later.
    Rockauto took my order this morning but at checkout they said not in stock.
    The partlimit site was sort of sketchy - I could put my Visa card in directly - got some sort of website error.
    Tried to pay with Paypal - got a message saying that this service wasn't working well and try later.
    The last remaining option was straight out of my checking account - ahh - nope - that ain't happening.
    I don't trust anyone that much. LOL

Not on your list but gmpartsdirect.com took the order then 1 hour later cancelled w/no stock.

Got my fingers crossed for the Amazon order.

Thank you so much for trying.

I will update you on my success.

Regards
    Rick Cottingham

6. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey Rick, it's my pleasure. And I removed the sketchy site from the list. Seems just a little too familiar with "oops, we had an error"... eh, no.

And GM Parts Direct, I figure is the first place everyone looks. It's just amazing that an internal transmission part is so hard to find. Best of luck to you!

7. rickcott

Thank you Tony. I will keep you updated!

8. rickcott

Hey Tony,
    Fingers still crossed! I have an open order with Amazon for p/n 24264186 - the expected delivery date keeps hanging in the 12/31/22 to 01/05/23 range but mostly sits on Jan 5.
    My 2014 SS has been sitting undriveable for over 2 months now waiting for that part.
    Hope Amazon doesn’t break my heart !

9. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Fingers crossed and knocking on wood for ya bud! I would lose my mind without my car lol.

10. KoelzSpeed Garage

Give Malouf Chevrolet in New Jersey a try. They always have everything I need.

11. rickcott

Thanks - I gave them a call - they were most kind and courteous - but - they said that there were NONE of this item in the entire GM network. Thanks for trying !!!

12. rickcott

Sorry to say but Amazon DID break my heart. They don't have it either.

13. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Man, that's tough. Have you tried calling around to transmission repair facilities? I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel now since everyone else is out of them. This is a HUGE bummer!

14. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I'm finding Amazon becoming less useful over time for stuff like this after too many companies not temporarily removing parts when they aren't in stock. You get excited someone has it, spend time order and end up disappointed. I had it happen this fall with a grill for another project.

15. KoelzSpeed Garage

Man, This is a tuff situation. You've got a lot of people trying to help you. I hope you get some results.

16. rickcott

Exactly !

17. rickcott

Hey Ken,
    Since we couldn't get a brand new output shaft part the mechanic and I decided to go ahead and put that part back in. It's got one burred spot on the teeth. We're going on the goal of "put it in burn the SOB up if IT chooses to" while we're waiting for a new one. Worst case (maybe) is that we eventually get the new part and have to get a new planetary too. I've made worse decisions. LOL
    That "put it back in and wait for it to fail" gave me a flashback to that old science fiction movie 2001 A Space Odyssey" where they do that very thing. Hope my luck turns out better than the movie.
    It's in the vehicle now - runs, shifts gears. It's got one heck of a whine in first gear but after it shifts it's OK.

18. rickcott

Thank you !