Need a new laptop, want it by Monday 3/3/14

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Louvit, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Louvit Staff Alumni

Ok it's time for a new laptop,,,suggest after reading what I need

I know nothing about bytes bits gigs etc...lol

I think my 6 year old Toshiba is on its way out, it keeps overheating and turning off. I took it apart once and cleaned it out butI need an upgrade anyway. Any suggestion's, all I want is another 17" I'd like a lighted keyboard, all I do on it is watch videos, store pictures and forums and searches. So I don't need anything great, I would like the windows 7 also instead of 8 unless 8 is that much better, no I don't want a tablet awww.need2speed.com_vb_forums_images_smilies_tantrum2.gif #ad

thanks
    awww.need2speed.com_vb_forums_images_smilies_tantrum2.gif #ad

Tags:
  2. Louvit Staff Alumni

Nothing?

3. voodoochildsj

I usually order from dell. Go to there site and see what they have for your budget.

4. Mase

I would go to someplace like Best buy and play with what they got and pick the one you like.

WartHog likes this.
  5. Louvit Staff Alumni

I'm just going to Walmart tomorrow and look up to 350. 400. I got this one going again but I still want a new one...lol

I have 2 Toshiba's and they lasted a long time and still running

6. Louvit Staff Alumni

here's n
    my 2 choices. have to see who has it in stock IMG265.jpg #ad
    IMG267.jpg #ad

7. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

If you look at business laptops online you'll find Windows 7 is more common than on consumer laptops, because businesses tend to be conservative about going with the latest version.

Also, I think you'll be disappointed with the Celeron CPUs, those low end laptops tend to skimp on processing power and hard drive speed. The "specs" look great until you dig down into them. The www.anandtech.com forums might be a good place to ask around about detailed specs, and the reviews on Amazon.com.

8. Louvit Staff Alumni

good info, yea I didn't want windows 8 at all, really because I know how to troubleshoot 7 pretty well. just look now, the one I'm on here is the one that wouldn't do crap 2 day's ago. I ran combofix. I looked at new programs that were installed and deleted them. this oldie is running fine again. I only want to spend like 350 I don't do a lot with it, youtube, car vids tons of pictures, e mail.