My youtube channel

Discussion in 'Videos' started by PeteD, Dec 3, 2017.

1. PeteD

So after posting the last video of the fuse pull it got me to thinking. I might as well post helpful videos more often. Who knows. if it helps just one person with something, I have done my job. but rather then tie up a lot of space with multiple threads, I will just do one. this one. If for some reason the mods do no think it is appropriate please take it down. move it, whatever.

As for the thread, I will be posting videos on my 1993 Z28 and my 2012 2SS. Some will be how tos. Some will just ideas.

Always looking for ideas of videos to do to put out to help someone. So if you have any ideas, post them up. Always looking for constructive criticism as well. I like to learn. If we are unwilling to learn. that means we are happy with where we are . And we are always supposed to strive to be better!

A few videos coming soon on the 4th gen include tires and wheels. Suspension mods. New carpeting and seats.
    Latest thing I did to the 4th was thinking of the things I love about it.

Still trying to figure out what to do next on the 5th gen. This was the latest mod.

And while thinking about what to do to it. it got me thinking about what not to do with it............

Tags:
    ShaneO and xerts1191 like this.
  2. PeteD

For those of you who are thinking about getting a fourth gen here are a few things you might want to think about

3. PeteD

For all you 5th Gen guys that went through the key recall. There is a fix for that missing key. Chevy had a bulletin out about it after I made the video. Now you can get the filler for free. If you need the bulletin let me know I and will try to find it

4. PeteD

If you are sick of those incandescent , yellow glowing, dimly lit bulbs in your Camaro, there is a very simple fix.

I am not sponsored by anyone. I always buy all the items you see in my videos. If they are good, I will tell you. If they are bad, I will tell you. With that said, I wanted to try Diode Dynamics. Have heard nothing but good things about them. but I try to buy / support my local businesses as long as they have a solution. So I went to my local parts store and picked up their brand of bulb I was looking for. I too, was tired of that dim yellow glow.

So simple. And dang what a difference!!

5. PeteD

It is all about making a car yours. Making it different from the thousands of them out there. One simple trick is as easy as a little time and cheap as a couple cans of spray paint.....

And to make it even easier if you are not handy with tape. Spray it the solid color, and take sandpaper or scour pad and scrub paint off of the letters. After it dries that is. then hit it with the clear.

6. PeteD

Well I did one about the 4th gen so here is one on the 5th gen

What are some of the things you hate about your 5th gen??????

7. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Well, I can't say I disagree with anything you posted. With the muscle car segment being so competitive price wise, they made a lot of choices compromising the car to keep prices down. Sound-proofing, cheaper plastic, lame power windows, etc. After seeing what happened to the panel above your dash, I'm really glad mine is stored inside my shop building.

8. PeteD

LOL....I know. I have taken it out soooo many times. And this one time, with light pressure, it popped. I actually felt sick and sat there looking in complete dumbfoundness

9. PeteD

Well if I am going to do a hate, I gotta do a love for the 5th Gen

10. PeteD

How to remove vinyl striping, pinstriping, decals, etc....I know I use the Tahoe for this demonstration but can use it on any vehicle made

11. PeteD

All of that have a Camaro know what a pain in the @$$ it can be to clean those windows. Here is an easier way I found to keep mine crystal clear

xerts1191 likes this.
  12. PeteD

13. PeteD

Many have asked when I had my car painted, I always give the same reply. Only time this car has been painted is when the stripes were painted. Still has factory black paint on it. I have been called everything. From a liar to a saint. But in the end I always get asked how I do it. Work I always reply. Good washing products to protecting it the best I can. Here is how I put on the protectant

14. PeteD

I have always used their products as I try to support my local retailers. But I am really disappointed with this one.

M1dniterider likes this.
  15. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Might want to try some Adams VRT, it works really well and its holding up on my Envoy so far. Going to do my car but going to wait until the spring when I give it a good detail for the start of the driving year.

PeteD likes this.
  16. PeteD

Thanks. May have to give it a try. Have heard great things about it. Wish they sold it locally

17. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

It sells on Amazon as well so you can get it pretty quick and secure.

PeteD likes this.
  18. PeteD

Yes sir. Only I do not deal with Amazon. Never have.

19. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Lucky you lol, makes shopping too easy lol.

20. PeteD

That in itself, is one of the problems/reasons I do not deal with them....LOL!!