My MONSOON radio won't switch from CD to AUX

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Mad Maxx, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Mad Maxx

Hello all

I have a 2000 Camaro SS, it has a monsoon single cd radio. in 2008 I installed an aux adapter and had an mp3 player hooked to that and it worked excellent until about a month ago

It stopped switching from CD mode to AUX mode. I thought maybe the converter died so I got a new one and just put it in, but it still wont switch in the radio to AUX. is there a relay or something in the head unit that goes bad possibly?

I just had it in the dealer to fix my anti lock brake computer, and when it came back from there it seems like that's when it stopped working. they said they had to program the brake computer once it was installed, I know this sounds far fetched, but could that have anything to do with the radio. I am going to go back and ask them, although I don't know that they would necessarily take responsibility for the radio problem.

I used to be able to hit the play button on the steering wheel and it would switch

Thanks for any help

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

At first, I was thinking maybe the button had gone bad which does happen. Then I read about it happening right when you got it back from the dealer. I would definitely take it back and as then exactly what it was they did and for them to fix it.

3. Mad Maxx

i will definitely check with them.... not to confident they will take resposiblity…

I am wondering is there any settings in any of the computers that would affect the radio...or is it basically isolated from other systems

the radio is tied into the security system, is that correct

Thanks