My funniest day at the track/kill

Discussion in 'Street/Strip Racing' started by NastyZ, Apr 1, 2019.

1. NastyZ

Was the first day I took my camaro to the track.

Stock 305 5 speed 227'000kms 3.08 lsd.... transmission synchro's were kinda on the way out.... and so was the motor.

Went there with a buddy after work who was really proud of his new motor he just put in his 87 camaro. Gm hot cam and vortech heads 750 carb. . He was hopeing for 12's. After a long time listening to his bench racing about his setup and, me nodding excitedly. We finally line it up . Unfortunately he had some childish desire to school me ,I found out after. I just love the race win,loose ,or tie. Soooo we are there light turns green....boom we are off I was asleep at the tree ...lol. He is out on me a good half car at 60ft. But he isnt drastically yanking any real estate on me.... so my smile starts growing. I row through the gears without fault (thank goodness) and, we cross the line. I see him get his time slip ahead of me and his arm start flying in his car lol. Then I pull up to get mine and I find out why...

He ran 15.4 forget his mph...... I ran 15.1 @93mph.... I was grinnging ear to ear.
    I didnt even get out of my car and I can hear him screaming "I crossed the line first! Thats all that matters) . As I try to console him about loosing to my heap... he starts screaming at his buddy to "get my dam jets ffs) next the air cleaner is flying off the car lol.... he was actually pissed he lost me me.

All night ,he couldnt get his car under 15.2. So he was pissed. I call this a funy story because he actually let that race get in the way of the friendship.... I was stunned but. Its not like I was throwing it in his face...not even a little. That kinda stuff just aint that important in the grand scheme of things. Guess I learned all I needed to know about them....that night.

Tags:
  2. matthuck88

I can understand him being pissed at his car/setup after all that work but not at you. Sometimes the cars that are the most fun are the high mileage well worn run forever types that just keep ticking.

NastyZ likes this.
  3. NastyZ

Ya... was actually my first time a the strip . Lol my clutch foot was shaking when lining up lol.

4. OldMech

LOL HAD a friend like that... We used to mud run a lot. We all built trucks.. This guy that literally ruined it for all of us when he couldn't beat us.. to him it wasn't about the FUN, it was about who WON... He asked me to borrow my VCR tape one day, said he accidentally recorded over his... Okay, I loan it to him.. a few weeks pass, I asked for the tape back... "Oh sorry man I accidentally recorded over it." wtf? I went to OTHER friend that had a copy, asked if I could make copies for us all from his??? he said No I loaned it to Joe and he accidentally recorded over it............. Three years of runs, MOST of them with my cousin in them, who has since passed of Cancer... AND, the guy doesn't understand when I threaten to rip his *%$#@%*& head off if he gets within two steps of me....

NastyZ likes this.
  5. NastyZ

Ya...cant get but hurt loosing a race....always somone faster.....always. its a shame they erased the tap like that.....geese....like as if nobody would forget anyways.

6. OldMech

Yep, but thats how life works. When you find the good ones you keep them close, the bad ones you keep JUST past arms reach. Makes it easier to stop yourself from choking them.

iSpeedAtNight and NastyZ like this.