My Car and My Brother's Car

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by sweet-94z28, Mar 23, 2011.

1. sweet-94z28

Had the cars both out on Saturday. I finally got around to posting some pictures up.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Very nice!!!!

3. sweet-94z28

My brother's car is now running and driving so now it's time for the body work. Car is an Arizona car. I think it has 103,000 miles on it and its like new inside other than the dash pad. The car got pretty sun baked and you can really tell on the passenger side door where all of the clear is coming off. It's solid though, and that's the hardest thing to find in a 3rd gen.

4. GhostZ

great looking cars! and u said a solid third gen!?!?! impossible!! no such thing ;)

5. sweet-94z28

The car had so much oil underneath it when we got it too. There is sand stuck to everything, but it's all rustproofed, lol. The previous owner trailered it from Arizona to Indiana. He pulled the motor because he said he was gonna make a drag car with it. He included the motor with the car when we bought it, but the real reason for pulling the engine was that it was blown up. There were chunks of piston in the oil pan and on the bottom of the pick up tube. We did a nice 355 with a cam and carb conversion.

6. richard96

Nice cars. Better yet to keep it in the family.

7. egott_91

Looking good, Nate. Are you daily driving your car now? Still havent gotten mine out yet...

8. sweet-94z28

I have drove mine like three times. I had it out for the past weekend or two and it was pretty much just to clean it up from sitting all winter, took it to Fort Wayne once, and I installed the new rear end.

I have a sweet 94 Lumina that I DD. It looks like I stole it from my grandma, but it gets good mileage and I only paid $500 for it. I don't really mind driving cheap cars when I can keep up with my college tuition and bank some money at the same time. Can't beat the insurance rates on it either. I'm only 20, no accidents/tickets and it costs me $400 a year with $50 deductible comp on it even. The T/A is like $1000 for the 9 months I insure it.

9. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Awesome rides man!

10. Silver35thZ

aaaaaah, i love that color!

thought about blackbird stripes..?! i think that would look seeeexxy!

11. sweet-94z28

Blackbirds don't fit my hood right. My hood is as few inches taller than a stock one. I've thought about some sort of a painted on stripe. When my hood was getting painted, the paint is a value shade, so he sprayed on a dark grey metallic base and it was an AWESOME color combo against the green. I'm thinking about doing blackbird style stripes, all of the emblems, and the CETA all in that color. I'm still kinda thinking about what I want to do with it.

12. greg_74

Usually I like accent colors but with the color of your car I like to see as much of it as possible, no need for stripes or a different color ceta mod.

13. Z/YA

Seriously those have to be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a thrid gen! Who would buy those!

Oh wait lol
    [​IMG]#ad

Can't wait for this weather to break for good and we can all get our toys out.

14. Forgiven

Nice cars....what I notice is where you live...nice rural setting with lots of room....I like that, must be contented where I am and that is really quite good too. We have it very good in North America. Just noticed town name...Hicksville..Love it!

15. sweet-94z28

Yep. The town name is Hicksville, lol. It was named after John Hicks who bought 200 square miles of land in the area in like 1860 for something like $3,000. Yeah, but the setting is not bad. We are at the slightly hilly transition point that leads into the hillier lake country, so its not like Ohio's great plains or anything. Lots of farmland and room. It's a true definition of small town USA.

I know Matt. Those have to be the worst wheels I have ever seen on a 3rd gen. I wonder where he got them. lol

Thanks for the compliments everybody. Lots of time and work in both cars. One is just more "done" than the other.

16. egott_91

Did he get new tires? I know they were sitting awhile and probably bald spotted from matt never driving it. Lol.

17. sweet-94z28

They are still the same tires. They aren't hardened or anything and they still ride smooth. Sitting outside is what weathers them and I think these were inside their whole life. My dad's 94 vette still has the original tires on it and they are fine so I think 6-7 year old tires would be OK.