Meet my daily

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 1redZ28, Mar 26, 2009.

1. 1redZ28

Well i've had this for about a year now but i wanted to do some things with it before I let you all see it. This is my 2000 s10 reg cab 2.2.5 speed. bought it with 123 000 miles. it has been very reliable making 4 trips to tn from fl and back. it started out basically stock. first thing i did was tint the side windows ( REAR PREVIOUS OWNER DID AND IT LOOKS LIKE AUTOZONE PURPLE TINT:cussing:) Then i put on clear corners untila headlight bracket broke so i got diamond clear headlights and turn signals. then i painted the grill because it was so sun baked. I also painted the bow tie black and a few interior pieces. It took forever but i finaly had tires flipped on the truck so the white letters are in. Then I put drop spindles and blocks on it. 2/3 drop. Its no where near a show truck. It has alot of dents and dings. I probably shouldnt put any money in it but really like what it could be. I want to either put c5 thin spokes on it or SS wheels on it. also a 98-02 SS style scoop hood camaro seats and console. anyway tell me what you think.
    stock
    [​IMG]#ad

window tint
    [​IMG]#ad

stock headlights with clears
    [​IMG]#ad

diamond clear headlights and corners painted grill and cleaned up
    [​IMG]#ad

debadged and tires flipped
    [​IMG]#ad

and finally dropped some. tire are almost done once they are i wil get some with a lower profile. sorry for crappy cell phone pics
    [​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. rjck1979

I like the headlights, where did you get them from? id like to get some for my 2003 blazer!

3. 1redZ28

i got the eadlights and corners used for 85 shipped on ebay. a new set on ebay is 150. they are called "diamond clear headlights"

4. 1redZ28

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. 92camaroLT1

nice looking truck

6. 1redZ28

thank ssean. that a real compliment coming from the guy with one of the best looking 3rd gens ive ever seen.heres a pic of my z for the hell of it. its stock with tint and a k&n air filter
    [​IMG]#ad

7. 1redZ28

update:ss mirrors and xtreme grill roll pan waiting to be installed
    before
    [​IMG]#ad

after
    [​IMG]#ad

8. 1redZ28

latest mod: i traded my stock wheels for zq8 wheels. this would be the same as trading salad shooters for ss 10 spokes in the camaro world.
    [​IMG]#ad

9. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Nice looking ride!!!

10. richard96

I like it. Nice truck. I want an S-10 ext flareside. I would like the V6 model and throw a turbo on it.

Maybe I could that done for 10K. Its nice to dream out loud. :)

11. Paulster2

Very good looking little go buggy!

12. LS1Tuner_06

Love the truck man. Wish I hadn't used mine as a trade in on this car.

13. greg_74

Nice wheel upgrade. I like the s10 to Camaro translation haha. I used to have a 01 S10 Xtreme, it was my first car/truck.

14. 1redZ28

thanks for the comments. I love the thing. Its been a great truck. It keeps the miles off my z. its nice to see you guys like it when its not pics of my f-body.When i first joined the site f-bodys had only been out of production for a little bit. Now since they have been out for a while the only people getting the older modles and investing time/money into them is the true enthusiast.
    Fanta I love your 5th gen.
    Greg I've always thought you had one of the cleanest SS's around.
    LS1_tuner i've always felt you do mods outside the cookie cutters but keep it tasteful. Paulster i'm jealous of your wheels.
    Richard I use to think i would want a v6 but our f-bodys get better gas mileage and the 4 banger is suprisingly fun to drive with a 5 speed. Obviously if your wanting to turbo it then thats not a big concern. 10,000 is a very realistic goal. You can get a very nice low mileage s10 (2wd) for under $5,000. you may want to look into a wynjammer. they are a practically bolt on supercharger for 4.3 trucks.

15. greg_74

Thanks for the kind ones about my SS, I guess pictures hide her imperfections haha. But yeah my Xtreme had the 2.2 and I hated that about it, I would have loved to have the 4.3 but maybe the five speed makes it a little more sportier. I got about the same gas mileage with the truck as my car cause I was always flooring it to get decent acceleration haha.

16. 1redZ28

most the 4.3 guys claim about 16 mpg i get 28 mpg with my 2.2. the guy i traded wheels with thought these were xtreme wheels. when he made the comment they made 2 versions of xtreme wheels i knew he was mistaking for zq8s and i'd needed to jump on it.

17. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Thanks for the comments on my car. If you havent figured it out yet, this is not your typical car site, much less FBody site :D Yeah we are not as big as others out there but we feel quality is better than quantity here. Where is Kingsport located?

18. 1redZ28

its about 30 minutes away from bristol which has the worlds fastest half mile as well as thunder valley drag strip in eastern tn. the reasons i love coming to this site is the reasons you mentioned above. its funny your name for your 5th gen is the same as my name for on of my bikes.
    the black and orange bike is amber
    [​IMG]#ad

19. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Haha that is funny :) The reason I asked where your from is to see how close you are to Atlanta which isnt too far away. You should join us for G14 gathering in Atlanta on Memorial weekend. Its a great time and is a very laid back event. Its mostly about the people and hanging out more than anything and the show is all in the hotel parking lot so you dont have to go anywhere the whole weekend if you didnt want to.

20. 1redZ28

sounds great i may have to do that! I wanted to go to the bowling green meeting a few years back but never had the funds.