to stripe or not to stripe

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by niknik, Sep 30, 2008.

?

Grand sport stripes....

Poll closed Oct 5, 2008.
  1. Yellow

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Silver

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Neither - don't do it

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. niknik

Ok, so I want to do something exterior appearance wise to make my car mine. I'm finally swapping out the stock wheels for 17" Chrome SS 10 Spokes, I'll be ordering my bowtie centercaps today.
    Anyway, I was looking at this site
    http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm
    and am interested in the gradsport stripes... I'm leaning towards yellow (yes, I'm a dorky LSU fan) but I think silver would look good too...
    If I go with the yellow stripes then I'm going with yellow on my calipers but if I go with silver stripes, then I'll do my calipers in purple like my car.
    Just using you guys as a sounding board...I'm pretty sure I'll get flamed for wanting to go with yellow, but please be honest - it won't hurt my feelings.

Tags:
  2. Standard-Z

I say silver. To me would look better. But I might get used to looking at the yellow.
    Oh and do they make purple to do your calipiers in?

3. niknik

CamaroQueen has purple calipers that are close... Would need to get her to refresh my memory on what color she used.

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I say be different and go with yellow. You would be the only one that has them that I know of and you would stand out. And, if you don't do a lot of heavy breaking, you can just use body color paint and clear over it. you will prolly have to do this about every year though.

5. BdNflnc

Hmmm, I don't know. My first thought would be silver, but yellow won't look bad by any means, just different.

6. Camaro Queen

The paint I used was bought at Auto Zone and all it is is the Purple caliper paint. I will see if I can find the exact color or a number for you.

7. Camaro Queen

Sorry Nikki I dont have any left. But I have to go and get some more so I can repaint mine. When I do I will give you the brand and color and all. I do know that it was a metallic purple

8. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

Reminds me of a special edition pace car Corvette that was purple with yellow wheels. :thumbsup:

9. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

10. Sassy8722

Well I voted silver but after seeing that Corvette, I say yellow would look hot.

11. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

The Vette always knows the way :D

12. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

That's it! I almost tried goggling it but I didn't think I'd be able to find it. That car is teh sexxy.

13. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

14. Brandon

I say yellow because its the opposite of purple.

15. onashlan

I don't know about yellow but that's just me. Silver would look okay, but it would have to be a really light silver such as a frost/nearly white.
    Maybe a dark, dark gray would be good.
    If your really set on getting stripes either silver/black. Other than that, I like your car without any! :scratchch

16. MasterZ Staff Alumni

maybe someone can do a chop to give us and idea what they would look like ;)

17. brianswimmer23

i like the yellow!

18. niknik

Dang, I COMPLETELY forgot about this car!!! Thanks for reminding me. IF I decide to get the stripes, then they will be YELLOW!!!!

19. Paulster2

niknik, absolutely go with the yellow.

20. niknik

Well I did have a friend point out that since my car is a rare color, that it stands out just as it is...so I'm still tossing the idea around but I'm leaning heavily towards getting the stripes