matching silver

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by hazardousdrew, Sep 28, 2003.

1. hazardousdrew

silver is a very hard color to match and i jus had the front bumper painted you can see the difference when the car is in the sun and u stand away from the car im jus wonderin if theres anything i can do to make it match better.

Tags:
  2. T.A.Crews

Besides having the whole car repainted...you can try some good wax and a buffer to try and bring out the shine of your old paint.

3. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Did you have the bumper painted at a body shop, or did you do it yourself?

4. hazardousdrew

a body shop did it but i think im jus gonna repaint the car.

5. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

You might not have to paint the whole car over. If you are handy and want to tackle the job yourself, go to a quality paint jobber in your area, one that sells PPG or DuPont paint. Make sure you go to a jobber that has a potable paint scanner that he can take to your car to use to match the color of your paint. The reason for this is because your paint has aged, even if it is only a year or two old, it has aged, and if you go to a jobber with just your paint code; it's not going to match. With the portable paint scanner, he can mix the color to your now aged finish and you will be guaranteed at least a 90-95% match, versus what you currently have to live with. Silver is a very hard color to match, but it can be done. If you do it yourself, practice first to get the feel, and if you need some pointers, I would be glad to coach you through the job.