Made some progress with the 6.0 today

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by BlueZee28, Mar 8, 2009.

1. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

My buddy Mike came over and we tore open my block. I was pleased to find no sludge and no broken internals. Everything looked great. Even the cam and lifters looked really good. :thumbsup:

What began as a complete lift-out motor from a 2500 HD Silverado is now a bare block sitting with only the cam and crank in it. Those would have been taken out today also, but I had a hard time getting the balancer off, so I couldn't get the front cover off. Landon suggested I try renting a gear puller from AutoZone, which I'm going to do later this week.

So now I have a small list of things to get done before I put it back together:

-replace the crankshaft with a 20,000 mile LS2 Corvette crank I have sitting in the garage

-LS7 lifters

-new pushrods

-new valve springs

-main and cap bearings

-new rod bolts

-Texas Speed cam kit :bow:

-aluminum heads

Here she is, with a whole bunch of parts laying around her, a lot of which are for sale now. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. 99RedDvl

Nice job there Nick!! coming along pretty quick :thumbsup:

3. 92camaroLT1

Before you know it you will have it back together and be looking at it, and saying ok lets put it in...LOL Congrats on the progress

4. nemocamaro

nice, paint the intake manifold blue

5. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

I thought about that, but I think I'm gonna get some fuel rail covers and powdercoat them blue with black bowties on the sides.

6. DustinZ28

gonna bore the motor or leave it stock? atleast some high comp pistons;)?

7. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

No, I may need a stock-ish compression ratio later down the road ;)

8. BdNflnc

Uh oh... I know what THAT wink means! :chuckles: :chicky:

9. purple 95 z28

thats going to be sick bro, cant wait till you finish and post some vids. more pics please.

10. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

I picked up some more parts tonight from a friend of mine. The LS7 lifters are getting ordered hopefully tomorrow night as a birthday present from my parents, and Krista is getting me bearings and/or rod bolts. My intention is to have all the parts needed to put the block together by June or July, then scoop up a smoking deal on a T56.