Looking for some education

Discussion in 'Street/Strip Racing' started by KYWes, Jul 18, 2021.

1. KYWes

In about a month I'm going to London Dragway (1/4 mile) to make some runs. This is not my first time but it will be my first time going all out with everything working. See my sig for car information. Some other information not in the sig. I have a Centerforce DF381039 Dual Friction Clutch Disc, I have dyno'd at 417/425 rwhp, I have a BMR adjustable torque arm that bolts at the body not the transmission, LCAs and adjustable panhard rod,LS1 driveshaft, and QA1 coilovers. I'll have a shift light too.

I will have some drag slicks a friend is letting me use. Some questions;
    1. What can I expect different with the slicks?
    2. I plan on doing some high rpm clutch dumps. Again what should I expect?
    3. What general suggestions do you have? Should I start with some lower rpm starts? If so what progression do you suggest? I can take my car at least to 6,400 rpm with no valve float.
    4. I'm considering getting some skinny tires for the front. What are they like racing on?
    5. Any recommendations on coilover settings? Soft, hard, different front/rear.
    6. Tire pressure

Presently I have 255/40 ZR 18 on the car. I plan to swap tires at the track. I have a 5 gal air tank and a 3t low profile jack.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Tags:
  2. mullettcar

i wouldnt do too hard of a clutch dump if you dont have a cage around your driveshaft cause the shaft is at your elbow and if it comes apart they can come through the floor

3. KYWes

Disappointed that there's no helpful feedback on tires and what to expect. It's hard to believe there's not some experience out there that could help.

It may be a moot point for this year as the car may be in the body shop. I need the driver's quarter panel, driver's fender, and both bumper covers replaced so I may not get to the dragway as planned.

4. KYWes

Looks like I'll get to learn from experience. I've got a buddy who's going to let me use his BFG Drag Radials and he also has some Centerline skinny front wheels/tires. I'll try to post me experience if things don't fall through.