"Liquid Ice" Polish Works Awesome!

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by str8upchevy, May 19, 2006.

1. str8upchevy

It's not really called liquid ice, it's Turtlewax "ICE" Polish, but it's in liquid form, therefore I call it Liquid Ice Polish. Anyway, I finished waxing my car with Meguiers Cleaner Wax, then the Carnuba Wax, but I decided to try this "ICE" Polish and Detailer Spray afterwards to see if was as good as people have said. I also have a white car, so it's always hard to really see the shine.

I'm definitely going to order some of the "Ultra Car Care" products for waxing and what not, but ever since Rick referred to my car as "Liquid Cool", I've been pondering this (White Liquid Cool/Ice Theme) for my car. :chuckles:

Anyway, here are a few pictures of it after being "Polished".........(sorry, they're too big to post here)

This first one shows it the best..... indoors with some lighting. Not bad for a white car!
    www.z28.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10003&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

These next pictures are outside on a cloudy day, so they don't show the best shine, but you can clearly see that it's been polished.
    www.z28.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10147&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

www.z28.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10160&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

www.z28.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10159&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

www.z28.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10158&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

Let me know what you think! :)

Tags:
  2. Badazz 97 T/A

i literally just looked at those pics 5 minutes ago at projectcamaro.com. :D gosh you car is sweeeeeeeeet!!!

3. str8upchevy

[QUOTE='94 Camaro RS]i literally just looked at those pics 5 minutes ago at projectcamaro.com. :D gosh you car is sweeeeeeeeet!!![/QUOTE]
    Thanks man, I appreciate that. :biggrin:

4. shaun_t50

Man,Looks great!!

THis stuff has me confused tho...I hear people say they polish(with the ICE) AFTER waxing?? is that what you did?? I always thought polish was BEFORE wax,wax being the protector of the finish that was achieved by polishing....I dont get it s this stuff a wax or polish?? if its a polish isnt it supposed to be before waxing....I never heard of polishing the wax....:dunno:

5. BlackY2kZ28

looks good man where can you get this stuff?

6. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Arch, that car is Liquid Perfection my man! That is the single most beautiful white Camaro I have ever seen!

7. Jpack

As I have said before....Perfect!

8. str8upchevy

:shocked: : oops : ..........Oh my gosh.....you bring up a very good point there Shaun. Now that I think about it, that sounds more like the order it's suppose to go. LOL :chuckles:

Well, I did actually do it in the order that I said, so now I'm kind of embarassed. Oh well, it still turned out really good, but I will definitely remember this thread the next time I do it. :nervous:

I'm Speechless Rick................... As I first started reading your post, I couldn't help but laugh when I seen yet another "Liquid" description of my car. :biglaugh:

Let me just say this...........I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for the very kind words you left about my car,.....but hearing that statement come from you Rick, *the owner of one of the most well liked White 4th generation Camaros on this site*,.........well that just really made me feel proud to be the owner of it. :) (That goes for you too Jim!)

Actually, I've seen it in almost every parts store there is up here. It's in a clear blue bottle and it's usually right there along with all the other waxes and polishing sprays. They have a bottle of Polish that squeezes out the top, and also a Detailer Spray. Niether one is very expensive......it's like $7.99 or something close to that. :)

9. BlackY2kZ28

cool thanks next time i am in aid i will look for it

10. Screamin_99

that is one hot white camaro! All white is like sex on wheels...

Behind black of course. which only if the're clean. nice car man truely nice!

11. WartHog Staff Alumni

Arch, Rick said it best - "Liquid Perfection!" That is one of the very best looking Camaros (white or any other color) I've had the pleasure to see. Yhanks for sharing. AWESOME, Man!

P.S. Let me know if the Ice seems to attract dust. I used it and it just seemed like because it's kinda oil based, it attracted dust easier.

12. wilde1988

Man that turned out awesome, I think that I'm going to buy some. And your car is absolutely awesome.

13. 96 Z-Ragtop

Now I've seen the 2 best looking white cars (not only F-Bods) on the planet.
    *z28rocks*

14. 96 Z-Ragtop

Yours and Ricks that is:thumbsup:

15. Camaroblood

Looks really good man! What camera are you using to shoot those pictures?

16. 95z28lt1

Looks very shiny. I will have to try out that wax

17. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Arch I just call it like I see it my friend, you truly have evolved that car from sheep status to leader of the pack! I stand behind my comment when I say that your car is the BEST LOOKING White Camaro on this site!

18. str8upchevy

WOW..........you guys really know how to make a guy feel good about his car,......I'm truely greatful, to "ALL" of you!
    Actually it's just a *Fugi-FinePix 2650* ~ I think it was like $129 a couple years ago. It's nothing real fancy, but it takes good pictures.

The quality of the pictures would be a whole lot better if I had it on a higher setting. It's a 2.0 Mega Pixel, but I have it set on 0.3M so that they'll be small enough to load on the site. (I haven't learned how to resize pics yet, so I have to sacrifice until then)

It also has video capture but again, depends on which setting as to the quality and also the length of recording. I believe it's 15 sec. for 2.0M, and about 1 minute for the 0.3M
    I haven't really noticed too much,...........but then again, I have to dust my car on a daily basis. I own a Condo with no garage, therefore it's outside. Unfortunately where I park it, it's near these two trees that have all this yellow pollen coming from them everytime the wind blows. :rant:

Nothing seems to really stick to it though. Once it's dusted, it usually stays pretty dust-free......until I come back home that is. Now my interior is another story. It seems like no matter what I use, the dust just draws right to it. I'm currently using Meguiers (Gold Class) Vinyl/Rubber Protectant.

19. El Es Juan

are we talking about the new ICE that comes ina blue bottle...and its blue? My friend showed me his black car with it...it was actually purposely made for black cars...it gives them this extreme shine...you should see it!

20. shaun_t50

Well,I just bought some....I'm puttin on my rotors in a minute,so after that I'll ICE it and post pics....if it aint too dark outside by the time I'm done.