Latest repairs/additions

Discussion in 'Projects' started by KYWes, Oct 14, 2020.

1. KYWes

Spent the weekend on the car replacing the clutch, actually everything clutch related, and added an adjustable torque arm from BMR. I chose the torque arm that has it's own mount rather than using the transmission mount. It is really a stout part. Then I set the pinion angle on the differential. In the process I broke the wires on the differential ABS sensor so have ordered a replacement from Strange. It's too fragile and too expensive!

I had a vibration in the motor and was having some funky clutch engagement so I pulled the transmission and found half of the material on one side of the clutch gone. Went ahead and replaced everything; flywheel, clutch (Center Force Dual Friction), Clutch Release Bearing (Center Force), and pressure plate (Valeo via AutoZone).

Much smoother now.
    2020-10-10-14-41-15.jpg #ad
    2020-10-13-12-21-31.jpg #ad

Next up, I'm taking the car Monday to a shop to have them go through the rear end and fix whatever. Most immediately the pinion seal is leaking and there is a lot of play in the pinion. The shop said they recommend a crush sleeve eliminator so we'll go that route.

Also replaced rear brake calipers and pads this weekend.

Tags:
  2. NastyZ

Nice man.... i want that bmr unit aswell.... great idea getting it off the transmission

KYWes likes this.
  3. KYWes

I think another benefit will be apparent the next time I pull the engine. Don't have to mess with the torque arm. Pull the drive shaft and that part is done.

NastyZ likes this.