KPA to Boost

Discussion in 'Power Adders' started by Mwilson1995, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Mwilson1995

the pulley I have on now is showing 5-6psi at WOT and my data log shows Baro @ 102 kpa and MAP is reading 104kpa does that seem right?

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

kpa should be between 135 and 145 for 5-6 psi. 102 kpa is just above atmospheric at sea level.

3. Mwilson1995

wow that seems high, I wonder whats going on

4. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Not sure if you are having the same issue as myself using HP tuners. I just started tuning my wife's car and installed the 2 bar Map sensor and the scanner would only show up to 105 even though I had it setup to read up to 210. The problem ended up being in the scanner itself the pid of the Map sensor needs to be changed to 2 bar or it won't read correctly.

5. Mwilson1995

I think that's above my head? I will need to research that

6. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Are you running a 2 bar MAP sensor? If so go into your HP scanner and on your channels you should be reading your MAP sensor. If you click on the details of the MAP sensor you can see if it's a 1 bar or 2. If it's the 1 bar and you haven't changed out your MAP sensor then it's setup correctly. If it's showing a 1 bar and you actually have a 2 bar MAP you will need to replace that channel with a 2 bar MAP channel. It's simple just right click in the channel area and hit add a channel. Then search for MAP sensor and select the 2 Bar Map and delete the old one you were running.