July/August 2014 Car of The Month - Julie M's 1972 Camaro Z28

Discussion in 'Car of the Month' started by Z28/Ken, Jul 15, 2014.

By Z28/Ken on Jul 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Because I dropped the ball and missed a few months, this month's winner is staying up for 6 weeks. :)

espresso win.jpg
    I am very pleased to announce Julie M's 1972 Camaro Z/28 has won. This car, to say the least, is absolutely gorgeous. I do not say that lightly.... the color combination is great and the quality of work is superb. This is the kind of car many us dreamed of having in our younger days, and lucky Julie has the opportunity to live that dream. Even the engine block is nicely detailed without going over the top.

Here's what Julie has to say about it:
    The first thing I needed done was to get rid of the dolphins - had Chevy bowtie embroidered! We have two-tone painted the car purple and silver with a lime green pinstripe separating the colors, changed carpeting to black, all new dash and gauges, had a console built, just changed rear-end gears, changed to auto transmission for me, new tires and added some Foose wheels....so far! My husband has done a lot of engine stuff that I do not understand, and honestly, don't want to :) I just told him that I wanted it "shiny". Still need to replace the headers and do some other engine tweaking and misc things, but I had it entered into car shows last year and won several trophies. It is a pretty car, especially parked next to my husband's hugger orange 197

(Click thumb nails to see larger images).

70 & 72 camarosproof1.jpg engine.jpg z28.jpg paint.jpg IMG_4302.JPG

Tags:

Comments

Discussion in 'Car of the Month' started by Z28/Ken, Jul 15, 2014.