IROC Info

Discussion in 'Camaro History' started by ZAdministrator, May 3, 2003.

1. ZAdministrator

Didn't the decal on the door move from the front to the rear in certain year modles. Just wondering how to tell the differences in the years of the Irocs.

:iroc-fron

Tags:
  2. PoorMan

I had a 90 IROC convert and the sticker was towards the back. I have seen 90 coupes with it in the front though. It may of not been certain years. Hell, it may have been from the plant rotating a new guy on that part of the line. Something like; Joe put them on the front and he worked Mon-Wed and Frank but them on the back and work Thurs-Sat. Maybe something that simple. Would be funny if that was true. Then people would say "I got a Frank model"

**I guess if I use the "quick reply" my sig gets dropped??**

Jeff D.

3. 86IROCZ

I think the IROCZ stickers were towards the front of the door on 85-87 models and towards the back on 88-90 models.

4. camarosource

Our spotter's guide will tell you what to look for and what changed for each year. Things like Decals, Lights, Grill, Rims, etc.

5. shesmycherrypie

There are two very easy ways to identify an 88' iroc. First the iroc-z decals will be towards the back of the door. Second teh stripes around the bottom of the car will have the black stripe on top. If you wanted to find the detaios for other year camaro's fo to iroc-z.com

6. camarosource

Here you can find a list of differences and how to distinguish between them.

[Broken External Link]

Simply select the year and have a look around. Hope this helps.

7. IROCTHEZ

1986iroczcamaro is correct

8. 2 fasst ss

There were some in the front and back. The ones in the front represented the car having a 350 in it. The ones in the back had 305's or vice versa. :D

9. camarosource

I'm sorry to say, but this is completely wrong.

The "IROC-Z" decal on the side door has NOTHING to do with what engine is in the car.

Bryan Gibbs likes this.
  10. 2 fasst ss

I beg to differ...

"The exterior of the IROCs received a mild update for 1988. The most noticable difference is that the wheels have been slightly changed. Instead of one line through the center of each spoke, there were now two lines (on the, now, optionally equipped 16" aluminum wheel), and the center area was a little different. Here's an interesting tidbit: for the first time, the 16" wheel was an option on the IROC. The car came standard with a 15" version. Along with that, the IROC-Z decal moved to the rear of the door instead of the front. The stripe along the ground effects line now had the black line on top of the other. The silver Z-28 badges on the exterior have been replaced with orange IROC-Z logos."

http://www.iroczone.com/techartspottersguide.html#87

11. camarosource

Who are you disagreeing with? Me?

12. 2 fasst ss

Um sure why not?

13. camarosource

What do you disagree with what I said in my reply? I am not wrong in what I said. :confused:

14. 2 fasst ss

Not completely. The late 87 and forward IROC's came with ths sticker in the rear. This meant the IROC was post 87. Most likely to have the 350. Where I am mistaken, is they also had the option of going with the 305 still (Just found that out through searching). So I am willing to say that I am mistaken about that and you are right... :D

15. camarosource

:tongue: :wave:

16. 2 fasst ss

Yes my friend, you win... :D :D

17. dgchevy1

1985 front, 1986-1990 rear... check VIN for number of the year.

18. NastyZ

87 to 87 front..... 88 to 90 rear
    87 first year 350 was offered.... also pretty sure first year of roller block
    if your car didn't say 5.7 tuned port.... it just said tuned port induction on the left rear bumper
    88 wheels changed... adding the extra groove.... 15" aswell... people were sick of paying them high prices for the replacement of their Goodyear gator backs... enough to complain to gm

19. 89maro

Well this is confusing. I have an 89 iroc, checked the Vin and it is most definitely an 89, and the decal is front. Also the Vin indicated that it is in fact an iroc from factory.

20. NastyZ

your car has been painted or doors swapped or somthing..... in 1989 the iroc stickers is most definitely towards the rear of the door