Interior LEDs

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by uLs1a, Mar 3, 2011.

1. uLs1a

Anyone changed out the interior lights with LEDs? I jsut ordered red LEDs for the lights in the review mirror, the dome light and the tiny lights in the doors. I also ordered some LEDs for the reverse lights. I will post pics when I get my car back.

Tags:
  2. StrobinSS

Yeah I have red LED's in gauges and door panel's and white LED's in rear view mirror and dome light.

3. masonb51

Led license plate lite, door lites and console lite too! I love mine, they just burn out really easy. Thats what you get for paying 5 bux for 20 of em lol (from China).

I will be doing the map lights and the reverse lights soon.

If I may ask where did you get you interior lights from? Link?

4. voodoochildsj

I thought LEDs would last longer.are they brighter?

5. masonb51

YES! They are extremely bright and bibrant in color, I should have said they are more susceptable to burning out due to surges or crossed power to ground incidents. And normally if they are in sequence, when one goes...They all go!! But I bought cheapies off ebay just to give em a try and they held up well, except they are very unforgiving when you make a wiring mistake and LEDs all have a + and - side, dont get that wrong otherwise the led will not work at all til you flip it around.

6. voodoochildsj

Id like to see some pics

7. uLs1a

When I can Im gonna put super white LEDs in the guage cluster and HVAC controls. The headlight switch I will switch to red.

I bought the LEDs from
    www.superbrightleds.com

Here are pics of the LEDs I bought for the reverse lights
    awww.fquick.com_images_vehicles_full_31508304446.jpg #ad

awww.fquick.com_images_vehicles_full_31508304445.jpg #ad

awww.fquick.com_images_vehicles_full_31508304446.jpg #ad
    awww.fquick.com_images_vehicles_full_31508304445.jpg #ad

8. masonb51

Just be sure the leds you choose have the ability to be dimmed(for the cluster) and make sure they are the "glow" bubs and not directional. Some LEDs only shoot straight and do not illuminate the guages and leaves "dead spots" where there is little to no light. Just a few things to watch out for ;) Pics indeed!