Inspirational Books and Videos

Discussion in 'Z28.Com Family Support' started by Zane, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Zane

I recently read a book that changed my life - Ask and it is Given, by Esther Hicks and I just wondered if anyone else here has read it. Are there other books that you've read that have transformed your life and made it better?

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

How to Win Friends and Influence People. Don't let the title fool you into thinking it's about manipulating people. Rather, its about how to treat people right, such as making a point of remembering their names, putting them first, showing an interest in others... and how we are rewarded with loyal friends and business relationships.

3. Simone

How to win friends and influence people already sounds like the title of a book I would love reading. I know that kind of knowledge is potentially life-changing, especially when you consider that it only takes one person or one deal to change your personal and business life for the better forever.

4. Zane

I agree, that sounds like a really great book and it may help me seeing as I'm chasing a career that involves a lot of social networking. Thanks for sharing that.

5. Rya

If I had to choose just one book that I found inspirational, I would say Psycho Cybernetics by Dr Maxwell Maltz. That book has inspired millions around the world to change their lives by changing the way they think.

6. Forgiven

For social networking/sales types there is one book that really hits the nail on the head. Originally it was called "Skill with People" I see from a quick search that it is still available. A must read if you want to influence people to like you. One example from it is this: When you talk to people pick out the most interesting subject in the world to them to talk about. You don't even have to ask what it is....it is themselves! "When you talk to people about themselves you are rubbing them the right way, you are working with human nature. When you talk to people about yourself, you are rubbing people the wrong way and working against human nature" This little book is filled with simple things that somehow are not the easiest to put into practice, but if you do people will love you.....do what you want, etc....it is a real salesman's book....

7. Freebird

I totally agree with you Forgiven, that people will always be interested in talking about themselves first. I think that book is worth checking out. Thanks for sharing that.

Forgiven likes this.
  8. Forgiven

Yeah it is very good for influencing people. I can't help but add that the most life changing book for me of course is the Bible, I highly recommend reading the New Testament if any of you have not done that. Have a great day!

9. Zane

Yeah, I was kind of surprised no one had mentioned the bible yet. That has to be one book that has changed the most lives ever.