Inside Edition... Jerry Lewis' Daughter?

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Camaro Queen, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Camaro Queen

I just saw this and I thought it very interesting. .. Below you will find both articles from Inside Edition aired on different dates. The second half tells the results.

Hope you all find it intersting

One woman is making an extraordinary claim.
    She says she is the long lost daughter of comic legend Jerry Lewis, and claims she can prove it.
    She was born Suzan Kleinman although she now calls herself Suzan Lewis. She claims her mother, a stunning showgirl, had an affair with Jerry Lewis in 1952.
    According to Suzan, who says the comedian loved her mother, the affair began at the famous Copacabana night club in New York where Lewis was performing with Dean Martin.
    Getting into specifics, Suzan tells INSIDE EDITION her mother told her she was conceived in Lewis's suite above the Copacabana.
    Suzan says she was 26-years-old when her mom made the stunning announcement. She was stricken with cancer and thought she was dying. She even signed an affidavit to make it official. "She didn't want to die and my not know where I came from," explains Suzan.
    Her life is a far cry from that of a Hollywood legend's daughter. She has been down and out, lived on the streets and survived on a meager disability allowance.
    However, for those who believe Suzan is coming forward now to ask the man she claims is her father for money, she sets the record straight. "Absolutely not. I've lived in a car. I've done without food and I've never gone to him," Suzan says becoming emotional.
    Looking at a photo of the man she says is her dad, Suzan picks out the areas she thinks are most similar: the lips, nose and even a dimple in her chin.
    The 57-year-old has even got a comedy routine based on a classic Jerry Lewis film clip. Her mannerisms and facial expressions are a dead ringer for Lewis. The resemblance between the two is uncanny.
    Suzan says she'd be willing to take a DNA test to prove she is the comic legend's secret daughter.
    INSIDE EDITION contacted Jerry Lewis but he refused to comment. Suzan says she met him once when she approached him in the lobby of a Paris hotel 30 years ago and surprised him with the words, "I'm your daughter."
    Though fleeting, Suzan described the moment. "He just gave me a big hug y'know and.he was amazing. I'm like, 'Oh my God, he's like my father overnight.'"
    The next day she says when she tried to contact the comedian his manager told her never to call him again. The moment was heartbreaking for Suzan. "I was devastated. I mean you find your real father one day and he's wonderful, and then nothing."
    Suzan says she wants nothing from Lewis except friendship and acknowledgment. She has two sons in their thirties and says she would dearly love for them to meet the man she says is their grandfather.

The above article can be seen along with pictures at http://www.insideedition.com/storyprint.aspx?SpecialReportID=2560

It was the moment of truth for the woman who claims she's Jerry Lewis's long-lost daughter.

Suzan says she isn't nervous at all to hear the results of her DNA test. She is convinced she's the legendary comedian's daughter, but she's never had concrete proof. Now, thanks to a DNA test arranged by INSIDE EDITION, she'll have scientific evidence.
    Suzan Minoret claims her mother, a stunning show girl, had an affair with Jerry Lewis in 1952. Suzan was 26 when her mother, who was stricken with cancer and thought she was dying, made the shocking revelation. She even swore to it in an affidavit.
    "She didn't want to die and [have me] not know where I came from," explains Suzan.
    INSIDE EDITION couldn't help but be intrigued by Suzan's claim. Her mannerisms and her facial expressions make her a dead ringer for Jerry Lewis. But the only way to know for sure was to do a DNA test. Lewis, who just received a Oscar® in recognition of his humanitarian work, would not comment for our story, but his oldest son Gary agreed to participate.
    Gary Lewis shot to fame in the 1960s with his hugely popular band, Gary Lewis and the Playboys. And as a child, he made TV appearances with his famous dad.

"Why did you agree to get your DNA tested?" INSIDE EDITION's Paul Boyd asks him.
    "Well I think everybody deserves to know where they came from and who they are...and just looking at her, I believe what she's saying," says Gary.
    INSIDE EDITION commissioned DNA testing company, Boston Paternity, to take a sample of Gary's DNA and compare it to Suzan's.
    Gary and Suzan came to INSIDE EDITION's New York studios to find out the results together.
    "Based on the genetic results, the probability of relatedness is 88.7%," INSIDE EDITION's Paul Boyd reads.
    "I knew it!" says Suzan happily.
    "Yeah!" cheers Gary. "That's good enough for me."
    Without DNA from Jerry Lewis himself it's impossible to be 100% sure that Susan and Gary are brother and sister, but our expert says the DNA supports that possibility.
    "When you look at the DNA of these two individuals side-by-side they have some very rare genetic markers that give you this information, is that right?" asks Boyd.
    "That's exactly right," says DNA expert Ryan Quintal, the Director of Boston Paternity. "We tested 22 different alleles, which are different genetic markers that each of you possess. Out of those 22 markers, you share 17 of them."
    "An 88.7% certainty that this is brother and sister side-by-side, it's hard to get much higher than that," Boyd says.
    For Suzan, it's the closure she's waited for for so long. She's not just a Jerry Lewis look-a-like...now she believes she has real proof she's Jerry Lewis's daughter.
    "What are your hopes now that you've seen these results in terms of your father finally acknowledging that you are his daughter?" Boyd asks her.
    "Well of course I would love that, and I don't see why not...but hey, if he can't for whatever reason, he has his Oscar® and I have Gary!" says an overjoyed Suzan.

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Thread locked from replies, and replies removed due to suspicious nature of replies -- all appearing to come from those with agendas seeking out this topic on the Internet, registering, replying and then never seen here again.

MikeyZ28SS, Tony and FANTA-Z like this.