Input appreciated on direction of car...

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by tmurph01, Mar 6, 2011.

1. tmurph01

So here is my plan for the car. I want to do my spin on a 4th generation "Heritage" Z/28. Basically build mine to honor the '69 Z/28.

As of now:
    So far I have the grill and grill badge done.

Instead of placing the side Z/28 badges in front of the tires, I placed them where the normal 4th gen side badges would go. This way you still have 1st gen badging, but keeping in spec to a 4th gen badging location.

The wheels are "old school" looking, but with modern day finish that I think give the overall look a very old school style.

Upcoming plans:
    Install a 3" Sunoco cowl hoow with gunmetal Sunoco stripes on the side of the cowl that will match the wheel color perfectly. Most, if not all '69 Z/28 had cowl hoods and rally stripes, so this will be my modern day play on that design.

Shave the berger panel and install Z/28 badge in the center. Same as how the rears of the '69's are.

Since most, if not all '69's had a spoiler, I will be installing a 1-piece Freedom Designs spoiler. May be a little bigger than the '69 spoiler, but again, it will keep it modern day.

Questions:
    I think I have a large part of the exterior covered, but I am unsure as to what to do on the interior to follow my theme. If you have any thoughts please share. I would also like to know what you think of my plan as of now and any suggestions you have.

Pics as of now:
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

:cool:

Tags:
  2. egott_91

Plan sounds good.

Interior wise, I say do houndstooth inserts since many 1st gens had houndstooth and that's where it started. Black/white houndstooth would look really good with your theme.

3. LS1Tuner_06

Pretty sure your car is pure sex! When do you want to swap me for your intake?! I want it! Lol

Idk man. Interior is hard to do. Just don't go painting trim. Maybe the houndstooth is a good idea.

4. sweet-94z28

I agree with Erik. 1997 30th Anniversary Houndstooth seats would really set your car off. I do like the theme though.

5. GhostZ

my opinon u shoulg get stripes like they had on the 69's just to show some more to the 1st gen

6. greg_74

+1 for the Houndstooth. I think that would give your car a first gen feel. And if you don't want white seats and have the money to spend you could have custom seat covers made with black leather with a grey/charcoal houndstooth insert, I think that would look real nice.

7. MasterZ Staff Alumni

+2 on the houndstooth seats

8. egott_91

+2? You're like +4. Lol.

9. tmurph01

I never even thought about the houndstooth seats..:scratchch That is a strong possibility. Will prolly go with the white insert unless I can find a gray/charcoal color.

I was throwing around the idea of doing a hockey stick stripe, but I am going to wait until the hood is on with the sunoco stripes and see what i think.

10. 30thZ28

I'd say leave off the hockey stick stripe. But the rest sounds like it will look awesome. I do like your white insert idea, also.

11. masonb51

HEY!! I painted my interior trim, but I just made it all gloss black.

IMO I really like the idea of a Black on Black Camaro, just sounds cool to say too. I look at your car and see a lot of potential, so keep it basic for now and add subtle hints to the interior, that way you dont go overboard. I LOVE the houndstooth idea too x6 (is this right Erik ;))

Also, it looks like your car could use a baby drop in the suspension. Just a thought.:biggrin:

12. guitarisawesome

2" drop! Riding high takes away from the aggressiveness of the car.

13. tmurph01

Full suspension will come during Phase 2 which consist of sound deadening and suspension...:shhh:

Phase 3 will be the engine build...lots of fun in that phase!

I am hoping to have Phase 1 done this year, phase 2 done over the winter, and start phase 3 by the summer of 2012.

14. guitarisawesome

Ok good. I was gonna say, a drop would change the entire look of the car more than almost any other mod.

15. greg_74

16. tmurph01

17. greg_74