I need g13-related tire help. Anybody get discounts on tires?

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by flak_monkey, Apr 9, 2009.

1. flak_monkey

Somebody get me a deal on tires so I don't have to show up to g13 with previous-owner-curbed salad shooters. Baby needs new dress shoes.

I can't swing the scratch for a new set of rubber right now. Probably just barely afford the fronts if the bill collectors don't decide I owe any more money for my last trip to the ER.

I need some 275/40/17's for the front and 295/35/18's in the back. My rear fenders are rolled and i've got factory Gm five spokes from a C5.

I work at a major electronics store, I get mad discounts on some stuff. PM me. Especially if you need cables, accy, or the like.

Tags:
  2. 94Zstangwalker

man wish you had posted this a few months ago, i had a set of 17s that had almost no life left but there was a little, i would have let you have them for the shipping cost.

3. flak_monkey

I'm more interested in the 18's. The fronts are cheap enough, but 295's and higher are over 300 per tire.

4. nighthawk15

300 per tire? You can for sure get decent tires cheaper than that.

5. Chris

Idk if they come in 18 but I know alot of ppl are using the sumitomos as a cheap alternative but your going to be drift king with them :headbange

6. nighthawk15

Just checked and the sumis could be had for about $150 a tire. Even the Toyo T1Rs like I plan to get are like $220 per tire for 295/35/18. Definitely not what I'd call cheap, but a lot cheaper than if they were 300+ for each one.

7. flak_monkey

Where are you checking at? I'm seeing hardly any for less than $200 on tire rack, sam's, sears, walmart, etc

8. Chris

9. Greg Norris

drive over here to SC, I'll let you borrow my tires for G-13.

10. Gatorhead

I ended up going with Discount Tire, they beat Tire racks prices by the time you add shipping etc.