I finally have an excuse to clean my car...

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by easymac, Jun 7, 2010.

1. easymac

so I was taking my dog to the vet to get her shots and grooming and blah blah blah, little did I know, as I was climbing into the car I had just stepped into a HUGE wad of gum and it got all over the side of my car, the door, my leg, my shoe, deep into my floor mat and all over my clutch....<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :cussing:<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 24.75pt; HEIGHT: 27pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="0" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Patrick\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

I got it all off my leg, side of car, and shoe by using goo gone and a cotton ball. worked out quite well, then i took an ice cube to the gum on the matt, that way it hardened up and flaked off when I took a credit card to it. After all of that I decided that I should steam clean it, got carried away and started steaming all the mats. I ran out of formula for the machine so I still need to finish up the back mats.

Im thinking about doing the rest of the carpet while im at it. The previous owner had dogs that sheded hairs all over that place so this would be a good opportunity to clean all that out. I guess the only good thing about this situation is that my carpet will be nice and fresh
    :biggrin:

Tags:
  2. thelastz28

Sounds like you got all of the gum out. :thumbsup:

3. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

The last z28 was not a 98 Prelude.

4. thelastz28

Are you going to make me change my screen name? :blahblah: Good job hijacking this guy's thread. :) How have you been Rick?

5. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

I've been good man, the real question, how have you been? Havn't seen you in years!!

6. thelastz28

Shouldn't you have contacted me thru PM instead of this thread? :biggrin: