Hood to cowl seal

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by Mark C., Jul 10, 2019.

1. Mark C.

Received my hood to cowl seal from Camaro Central #WEA-237. The seal itself does not have any locating holes for the included plastic clips. Talked with them. They checked the products on the shelf and none of them do.
    You have to make your own holes. No big deal. It's part of working on this old stuff. I just wanted to alert anybody this, so they do not get a little surprise like I did.

Camaro Central could not of been more courteous and professional. I will buy from them again if I need to.
    I did e mail them and told them that maybe they should include this in the product description to avoid future issues.

Moderators, I hope I didn't cause a issue with this post. If I did, I understand.

Thank You
    Mark C.

Tags:
  2. Mark C.

I was thinking instead of mounting this seal to the hood with the supplies clips. I would use weather trim adhesive and glue it to the cowl itself. To me it's kinda like 6 of one, half dozen or the other.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
    mark C.

Cowl seal.jpg #ad

3. NastyZ

Cant really say....havet gone through it myself. But maybe both sound like a good idea? Clips and glue?

4. Mark C.

Yeah, probably is no correct answer. Except for the purist though. I believe I'm going to glue it to the cowl itself.
    Shouldn't of wasted anybody's time.

Thanks
    Mark C.

5. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I think you are on the right track and I would do the same. It's never a waste of time, and anytime you have a question please feel free to ask. Plus it helps us and future members that may have the same issues in the future.

6. Mark C.

Thanks FANTA-Z.
    Just trying not to be a pain. I am defitnitly not affriad to ask questions. LOL

Anyway here it is glued in position. Fits nice. Should be fine. Better than trying to stick it to the hood and hold it place. Figure out where to make the holes. Which would of been a pain. Especially keeping it taught, to fit properly.

glued in place.jpg #ad

7. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Looks good to me and never a pain!