Hello, new member here

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by IceMet20122SSRS, Aug 24, 2023.

1. IceMet20122SSRS

I’ve owned my 2012 2ssrs, ice metallic with rally stripes, for almost 7 years. It’s stock and I’ve had great reliability with it. Great little camaro!

I’m hoping someone on this forum can help me with a factory backup camera issue. I just recently put the car in reverse, the camera showed in the rear view mirror, then it suddenly when black with an error in it. The error is an old style projector with a line through it. Also, The sensors still work when I get close to something.

I originally thought it was a fuse but nothing in the 3 fuses boxes identify the camera. I’m now thinking its related to some type of relay. Now I’m lost! Help?

2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Welcome to the forums.

I suggest posting the question in the 5th generation Camaro section, since most people only checkout the Intro section for introductions, rather than question/answer.

3. IceMet20122SSRS

Thanks Ken. I just reposted it it. I appreciate the help.

Tom

4. IceMet20122SSRS

5. IceMet20122SSRS

Update for people who encounter a similar problem with a stock backup camera.

I bought a new oem camera. Installed it with the help of a friend (We had to remove the bumper). Total project was less than 15 minutes. Camera is now working properly. Confusing problem but ended up being an easy fix. New camera was less than $150.00. Hope this helps someone.