Hatch rattle

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Z28Koda, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Z28Koda

What did you guys that have subs in the trunk do about hatch rattle when bumping the sound? Did you just let it go, or dynomat the back? If you dyno mated the back what parts, and did it stop?

Tags:
  2. Iwanta69rs

i didn't mat anything and mine does rattle at all

i jsut screwed those little rubber stop thingys out a little more so it has a thighter fit

3. Z28Koda

I'll try that then, but i think its the actuall hatch it's self. Any body else have this issue?

4. Joonejune

i put a few rubber peices in the cracks where the plastic meets the metal, still rattles a little... i want to say its the spoiler on these f-bodys that are noisy. try to tighten the 4 bolts on the spoiler.

5. VetteC5RFrEak

I have a 12" sub in the stealth location in my '89 and the only thing that rattles are the tail lights. However, in the 3rd gen's, GM used the electric hatch pull downs that pull the hatch down eliminating that problem I assume. If you really think it is the hatch, do a simple test. Turn the system up, turn it up, and sit on the hatch (in an area you won't break something liek the spoiler) and see if the rattle goes away. By all means it should go away.

- Chris

6. Z28Koda

Yeah it is the tail lights and spare tire cover. I can probly get the tire cover to stop, but is therer anything i can do about the lights?

7. VetteC5RFrEak

I am tempted to take some silicon and silicon all the way around the lights. Just if you do that, take your time as to not make it look hella sloppy

- Chris

8. Camaroblood

Try tighten up the spare tire bolt, that fixed a rattle for me.

9. jim'sZ28

my rattle seems like the actual hatch like Z28Koda, I hate it no body knows how to fix it?? y'all suck!! lol jk

10. underoath44

my hatch doesnt rattle, its either my liscense plate or my rear bumper, well underneath it, werid or not? but its not too noticable unless i turn my system up really loud, but it makes me mad either way.