Gun help (I don't even know this one) Brand symbol

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Ethan, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Ethan

My grandpa gave me a 5 shot 22mm revolver a few years ago. It doesnt work and I want to get it fixed, but I dont know what it is.

It has a symbol that looks like a half moon circling a star. That image is enclosed by a badge/ shield thing. Sound familiar to anyone? It's pretty old.

Tags:
  2. 99RedDvl

a pic would be a bit more helpful :)

3. Ethan

The symbol is smaller than a tic tac, I cant capture it. Here's a pic of the gun, I didnt post it because I didnt think it would help lol

[​IMG]#ad

4. brianswimmer23

take it to a gun shop and get it looked at so they can tell you and im sure they can fix it as well. pretty sweet 5 shooter. would fit in your back pocket hell even front.

5. Ethan

I don't have any paperwork, no brand, only a serial number. There are 2 places I could take it. One place will charge me out the ass and the other place is where I used to work. Unless I can get some more info on it I know it will take forever there.

If I can find a repair kit for it then I'll fix it myself, It's not very complex lol.

6. 99RedDvl

Ah Ethan that is a real tough one.. the closest I have seen is Baby Hammerless..

7. Z/YA

Hmm... that should keep the neighbors car off your porch!

8. Ethan

9. the_husk

10. ricehammer

That's a neat little pistol :thumbsup:. I'm willing to bet that if you dig enough you can find someone/website on line that knows Velodogs well enough to explain how they operate. Then you repair it yourself. That little pistol reminds me that I have an old H&R 22 revolver that my father in law gave me that needs fixing.

11. LS1Tuner_06

That's cool

12. Ethan

I'm afraid to send it of, I could never see it again. I've found out if it's in working condition and has the pearl handle it is worth around $500. It is also about 100 years old give or take, based on what I have dug up.

13. LS1Tuner_06

That's crazy. Hope it turns out to be that. That kind of stuff is always fascinating to me. I love antique weapons

14. warhero

15. Ethan

Says the link is broken on my computer