engine bay

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 1stZ4me, Aug 13, 2011.

1. 1stZ4me

so i want to degrease my engine bay. i know nonvented (93camaro) opti dont like water . what about a 97 with a vented opti? im not going to use a high press. hose or anything. just a hose and kinda dribble it over the inner fenders and radiator support area.

Tags:
  2. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Opt's in general do not like water, so I would tin foil off the opti and then douse the rest of the engine down. Just try to keep away from the front of the engine, and you will be fine.

3. 1stZ4me

ok thx Ryatt.

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

If you want 100% saftey, you could always remove the opti lol. That would give you access to the front of the engine, then you could use high pressure water on it. I have thought about it, but dont' find it worth it lmao. Hope everything goes well. for ya.

Oh, and if it was me, I would use plastic wrap under the aluminum foil. Just for added saftey.

5. 1stZ4me

so i took the opti off . lol j/k . thx for the addvice guys

6. Forgiven

One thing not mentioned is to do this with the engine cold. I have used an electric pressure washer several times on my 93 & 94 without any problems. Just do not spray directly anywhere near the opti....worked for me.

7. 1995tealz28

Optis in general do not like anything. They mainly don't like water but also and not limited to... looking at them the wrong way, not talking sweet to them when you replace them, doing mods that it doesn't agree with, revving it to an rpm that it doesn't approve of. Optis are very tempermental! LOL.... no I don't have any pent-up aggression toward this electronic device.

8. 1stZ4me

i couldnt tell