pulling heads

Discussion in '4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro)' started by f-bodyhavoc, May 27, 2006.

1. f-bodyhavoc

Are there any sites or anything that explain step by step how to pull and reinstall the heads? This is the first time I am opening my engine and I am a bit nervous about it

Tags:
  2. MK-Z28

i got one of those books and that was a good referance guide to use it was a haines book or something like that

3. f-bodyhavoc

I never thought of that... I have one of those two... ill have to check it out... thanks

4. MK-Z28

Not a prob, when i did mine i used that and shoeboxes website and that cleared up any questions i had. It sucks to work on these engines due to the lack of space but it overall isnt all that bad, just time consuming.

5. f-bodyhavoc

ya... thats the one thing i dont like about f bodies... the lack of space... about how long did it take you to pull em?

6. TSAEB

buy the book from the dealer of your car....cost about 100 bucks or so but i promise it is worth it....has every single screw and tons of pictures of your car.

7. MK-Z28

took a night to get the heads out of my car so about 4 hours. Also to go along with what TSAEB said you can go to the dealer but ask them for the diagrams you need, and they can print them off for you for free if you ever get stuck

8. Shoebox