Just the beginning...

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 93 6 ZPD, Feb 23, 2009.

1. 93 6 ZPD

Well, as titled, this is just the beginning of my $1800 mods/repairs. A while back I bought the 10 spokes off of someone for $200 but they needed tires. I just got the money to do all of this and I bought the tires Saturday....

SSPX0103.jpg #ad

SSPX0100.jpg #ad

SSPX0097.jpg #ad

They are Kuhmos....I know, they aren't the best but for a car that I drive a couple of times a month, they are good enough.

Now for the good stuff.....I just ordered 02-19-09....

GM Perf. timing chain set
    timing cover gasket/seal set
    optispark
    pacesetter lt's
    4.10 gears

I am :chicky: waiting to get this stuff to get it installed....i will take before and after pics to post. So, what do you guys think about these mods/repairs....although the repairs have to be done. What about the rest...think the headers and gears will make a difference?

Also, the other new thing is the berger panel....picked it up at a swap meet for $10 :nana: ...just put that on also....although it still has the SS emblem on it....I am going to take that off....don't want to be an impoSSter....
    SSPX0103.jpg #ad
    SSPX0100.jpg #ad
    SSPX0097.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. greg_74

Headers and gears are good mods to go with, you should notice a difference from both. I just ordered LT's headers for my car too.

3. egott_91

You will notice a difference in sound w/ the headers, and you will definitely notice the gears pulling a lot harder on acceleration. Did your car come stock w/ 2.73's or 3.23's? Either way, you will feel a great improvement w/ the 4.10's

4. niknik

looks good and yeah the headers n the gears will definitely make a difference!

5. Bowtiedad_Z28

I just love the color of your car:thumbsup: I dont know why. Hmmm:chuckles:

6. DustinZ28

if you dont notice a difference with gears and exhaust you shouldnt be driving. its night and day. i dropped 7 tenths off my time at the track with gears and exhaust

7. Paulster2

Which timing chain set are you getting (specifically)? The reason I ask is I don't think the LT4 single roller will work on the 93 the way it sits. It's the only GMPP timing chain I'm aware of at the moment, so thought I'd mention it.

8. 93 6 ZPD

Thanks for the kind words....I am looking forward to getting this stuff on....although Shon has advised me that the headers are on back order. That's cool though...I guess I can wait....btw, he has been great to deal with. He sent my gears out yesterday.

My car came with 3.23 gears stock....and also that color...Jim...I have to agree with you!

As for the timing chain set....my bad. I ordered it from Summit and it is Lunati....I just looked at so many different items GMPP got stuck in my mind.

Another question, true duals with magnaflows or a Y-pipe with one magnaflow?

Thanks...

9. sweet-94z28

Go true duals with moroso spiralflows. You will LOVE them. My friend and I just did them on his 94 Z28 and it sounds awesome. His car is a full bolt (only thing is he hasn't done is gears) on car and after the true duals you can feel it pull so much harder. Here are some links to videos (sorry each one doesn't really do anything till about 30 seconds in):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhsgP7xa8Mw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgnhpel4foU&feature=channel
    It was amazing to me too, that when you are cruising, it is really not any louder than having the catback on it all the way out the back. These are just dumped before the axle.

10. tmurph01

Looking Good!!!! Love that color on these cars!

:cool:

11. rbaksi

looks great

I like those SS wheels but I think you should strip them because apparently they are polished underneath the coat. It would look amazing if they looked like 35th anniversary wheels. There's a write up to do it i believe. If not its on another one of the popular forums.

That would really set your car apart and would match the berger as well

12. 93 6 ZPD

Thanks Travis.....

So, does anyone have any pics or further info on stripping these wheels? I've never heard of it....but then again I learn new stuff on this site every day....