Fitech fuel injection

Discussion in 'Power Adders' started by M&M Turbochargers, Aug 12, 2016.

1. M&M Turbochargers

anybody considering or using a 1200hp Fitech injection unit

Tags:
  2. Maine1

I'm running the 1200HP on a Merlin block built 540 that at the moment is NA but will be getting either a F1 or good shot of nitrous come this winter...depends if I can sell my D1-sc. The unit is really quite amazing, it is capable of doing way more then I know how to do. The throttle response is unreal, I can adj. AFR, timing and a few others all on the fly. I ordered mine 5/31 so I also got a $150. rebate which made it even more appealing. I have only put about 200 miles on it and the more I use it the more it learns and the better it performs. My wiring really need to be cleaned up but where I plan on pulling the motor in a couple of months it has not been a priority. I do know that I would not hesitate to be a repeat buyer. I've done a lot searching and this forum has the largest info base I have found to date .. http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/

IMG_20160726_112942696.jpg #ad
    IMG_20160726_112955353.jpg #ad

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. 4thand26

wow! That is gorgeous!

4. M&M Turbochargers

good lookin project!!!

5. M&M Turbochargers

FiTech is in a very strong inventory position on all 600HP kits, and to help create some pull-through, they are starting a rebate on those kits immediately.

Attached please find the FiTech Rebate coupon, which is effective 10/15/16 to 12/31/16. This is a $100 rebate on all 600 HP systems, including 30001, 30002, and 30004. Please communicate this to your customers as soon as possible.

Below is also the link to coupon for download:

http://fueledparts.com/fitech/

let us know if we can help with anything

6. M&M Turbochargers

LS fitech

Attached Files:

7. NastyZ

been really curious about this company.... looking for a multiport setup for 1200 hp not sure if they make one

8. Maine1

They do make a multiport system. I like my fitech especially since hooking up a F1c procharger to my 540 the only problem is that the customer support sucks. They try to help hard but really are not knowledgeable enough to really be useful. About the most useful help I found has been on the chevelle forum. Other then that the unit has been awesome. The pics Im posting were taken during the install of the F1

ProCharger Inst 1.jpg #ad

ProCharger Pre Inst.jpg #ad

9. NastyZ

what issues did you run into...... that made you need customer support? Just curious. I like the idea of using Fitech just because a speed shop is a vendor for them... I like the idea of that.... also hope they would be my customer service liaison....
    I did the megasquirt 2 route... can't find any support for the product whatsoever.... and just seems a waste to not be able to get it fixed ( if it's my issue)

also with the hp ratings on these kits.... are the injectors what dictate the hp level? like if down the road I got bigger injectors.... Is the brain then capable of working with higher hp levels?

Didn't mean to hijack thread or anything

10. OldMech

I have the 600 hp FiTech on my 489 in the 89 Dually..... Didnt ever expect to have to use the 1200 hp unit... Might have to buy it for teh 434 though... we shall see.

I actually bought the FAST set up first. That was a serious mistake that almost cost me my truck.. I bolted it all up, hooked it all up, then turned the key on to check for leaks.... Fuel SPRAYED out of the rear injector inlet o ring, covering the engine bay and the windshield.... and the drop light laying up on the cowl.. the bulb popped, and my truck was engulfed in flames... It took three extinguishers to get it put out... I sent pictures, and emailed FAST several times.. they ignored me completely. I never got a single response from them... I finally emailed Summit.. THEY said to return the system they would give me a full refund... I love Summit!!!! So I ordered the FiTech from them... the greatest difficulty I had when I bought the system was that there were no real instructions or setting guidelines, so I had to use common sense and tinker. The FiTech has been running REALLY good... I drove that Dually to Maine and back.... 6 mpg really sucked, but.. the engine wasnt built for economy. it has power, lots of it for towing. It idles nasty and turns heads... I mean, if you have to drive a truck every day, you might as well be grinning while you do it.. right?

11. NastyZ

I might have considered legal action against F.A.S.T ....would have at least sat with a lawyer once and run it by one. Pictures etc...might have been worth looking into.

12. OldMech

I had to replace the cruise control, spark plug wires and a few electrical wires, but I put it out FAST and in a panic, so it didnt crack the windshield etc... it did suck getting all the POWDER off the truck.. two CO2 extinguishers and the last one was powder.. what a mess... but, the 200 ish dollars I had to spend to fix the situation weren't worth filing a claim. I have to drive 30 miles to the court house, then 30 miles back.. Yes, I KNOW I could have won that case, but is it really worth it for a couple hundred dollars? it would cost almost that much in gas to drive all the way to the courthouse and back... if it had done more damage? oh yeah, I would have filed.

NastyZ likes this.