Finally fixed, finally pics...

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by Cheap Guy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Cheap Guy

My 97 Z28 has been a love/hate relationship since I bought it in April. When it's running good, I love it but it's been down about half that time with opti problems and MAJOR overheating problems. I think things are finally right. Pics are nothing fancy, basically just a clean, minor appearance mods 30th Anny car, and probably gonna stay that way. I would like to get 17" wheels, but that's going to have to wait = fixes sucked up all the cash :wah:.

One took four months to fix because of overheating, the other is getting fixed in two months so she won't go in heat, LOL :yikes::
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Yes, the tips are off center, I'm working on getting that straight:
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

They want 16k for this nasty 02 LS1 with 70k miles and hacked interior. No thanks.
    [​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. Forgiven

Glad to hear it is fixed again. Your car looks good.

3. ecniv

My work computer refuses to load photobucket images... but I'm sure it looks great :thumbsup:

4. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Looking great my man!! Just so you are aware, LT-1's run hot, they are supposed to. Their regular operating temp is 240-260*F. I don't like it one bit, and what I do is throw in a 160 thermo with a HTPP-III and reprogram the fans, the car runs cooler, picks up a little extra hp, and all is good. Also, if anything in the cooling system was opened such as the thermo housing, or radiator hose(s) you have air in the system, and that has to be blead out of there or you will seriously overheat the engine and run it into the danger zone.

5. Cheap Guy

Thanks for the thumbs up. I posted a long thread on my overheating problem. It was a nightmare that got worse - turned out it was blown head gaskets and both heads were warped. Don't know if I did it or if it was like that when I bought it, but one sign of the bad gasket was that the O2 sensor went out the same day I bought it. I had the car inspected before I bought it but unless you pay for a GOOD inspection, including pulling plugs to check for compression and something as simple as a coolant check, you're not getting a good picture of what you're getting when you buy a used car.

Now that it's fixed, I still can't keep my eye off the temp gauge for more than a few seconds, but it never goes past 210 now. Still going to probably go with a tune and a 160 next spring.

6. DustinZ28

car looks nice and clean bro

7. 96 Z-Ragtop

Man, your car looks brand new:thumbsup:

Now that the overheating problem is fixed, keep that bad boy. For what it's worth, I'd rather have your Z than the LS1 in that pic.

Get out there and enjoy that fine ride:cool:

8. sills1

Very Clean

9. Mr.Squeelerz

Beautiful ride!! Good to hear you got your overheating situation solved. Now you can enjoy the cruise! :)

10. WartHog Staff Alumni

Congrats on the fix. Like stated your car looks brand new (with some nice cosmetic changes :)).

11. WartHog Staff Alumni

"One took four months to fix because of overheating, the other is getting fixed in two months so she won't go in heat, LOL :yikes::"

Just read the whole thing. This is a good one. LOL

12. Irish350

i hart that color

13. Cheap Guy

Thanks for the compliments...

Thanks for all the thumbs up. :thumbsup: So far so good, haven't even put the top back on yet. I was back and forth about getting rid of it, but I'm committed to it now that I've put my cash in it and it's running right. While I love most of the mods I've seen on forum members cars, I'm leaning more and more to keeping it basically stock-looking - been even thinking about putting the stock tips back on, or chrome versions of the stock tips.

Now to cleaning the seats real good and cleaning up the engine bay.

*z28rocks*

14. WartHog Staff Alumni

:cool: You make that car just the way you want it. It's all good.

15. greg_74

Looks real clean man. You must really love your dog to let him in your Z, I don't like my dog even getting close to my car.

16. NevadasCrimson

your car makes me wish i had t tops :[