Delco Bose question

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by jloshotz, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jloshotz

I have an odd (hopefully common) thing happening to my stock system. I know i will eventually end up upgrading so please don't tell me to....LOL Seems the rear speakers in the car only come on briefly, then cut off, and pop back on VERY briefly from time to time. The door speakers work properly at all times. I first suspected an amp problem, but all 3 rear speakers (2 rear, 1 sub) do this at the same exact time. I was tossing around the possibility of 1 amp causing the whole problem, but IDK....It definitely isn't the head unit, i have tried 2 delco bose head units; one am/fm cassette, and currently an am/fm CD player. Both are factory delco/bose. Does anyone know of a common problem point maybe in the rear harness, or ground somewhere that could be causing this? Hoping someone had a similar problem and worked it out.....Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. Camaroblood

Check all the connection to the speakers, I had a problem with my monsoon kinda like that, then I sold the 99 so the problems went with it lol. It is definetly cheaper to get aftermarket speakers than try to get new stock ones. But then with the Bose you will have to re-wire the car, I think...

3. jloshotz

Absolutely would have to re-wire everything....That's why i'm trying to make it through for now....I'm going to try to play process of elimination with the amps today, disconnecting one at a time, hopefully if there is a bad connection, i'll find it that way....Thanks for the input! :santa2: